Chapter 4: Wake up

“Where am I?” A man spoke. He randomly awoke stood up. Black sludge covered his body. “Who, am I?” He flailed around. “All I can remember, is that girl. With that growling sword.” He walked through the sludge. It peeled off his body to reveal his clothes. He wore black cargo pants and a grey jacket. Beneath that was a white tee shirt. All he heard were the creeks of his feet as he stepped through the halls. Echos barreled, and he felt the walls. They were a cold metal of a slight glow. As he took slow steps through the halls, he kept seeing this scene in the back of his mind.

A girl, with a large sword. It had growling spikes blazing around it. She starred in the eyes of a ferocious beast, and killed it. Afterwards her hand glowed a bright yellow. And thats where it stopped. It cu black and he sat there, watching. Staring at darkness. Until he saw a light at the end of the hallway. He started to run, and when he entered the light, he saw it wasn’t from a sun. It was a large warehouse full of monitors and computers. There was a group of five people. One of them was a boy with short spiky red hair and a green zip up hoodie. He had two twin barrel pistols holstered on his belt, and a pair of jeans. The kid turned slowly and looked at the new arrival. He said two sentences. “Baxter’s awake. Fiona should be here soon.

Baxter stumbled forwards “What do you mean, ‘I’m awake?’ Where am I? Who am I?”

“Baxter, my name is Ozpin Prince. We are of the sixteen witches. Well, of the eight dark witches though. We all remember the moment our light self awakened us. I’m curious to know what yours was. Oh, and then we can get you you’re weapon. So much to do, how did Nightingale get me to do all this...”  Ozpin grabbed a clip board, and started writing down a ton of words. “Alright, so facts about you. You’re name is Baxter Corvox, we may call you Insanity from time to time. You also happen to be the Warrior of Darkness. So many names so many titles so little time. How about we-”

“Shut up!” Baxter screamed.

One of the people behind him fell over laughing. She was a long black haired girl, wearing a green cargo jacket and a black tank top, along with a skirt. “Oh my god, I love this guy!”

Ozpin clenched his fists in rage “Meta! I swear to god, I will- No, I’ve gotta keep calm. I’m the witch of giving after all. That’s Jade Hozmary, conjurer of earth.”

Baxter looked at her then back to Ozpin. “Anyways, mine was a brown haired girl. With a growling sword.”

Ozpin’s eyes grew. “Oh, you’re her counterpart... This is about to get interesting.” He took his board and wrote down mumbling. “Counterpart to Becky Corvin.” He picked up his voice and yelled back to the crowd. “Can one of you guys handle Fiona? She’ll be here in about an hour if I’m right. Baxter, come with me to the arsenal. You have a nice sword waiting for you to let it growl.”

Baxter looked at him odd. “What do you mean? I want to know where we are.” They began walking down a hall of sliding doors.

“We are on a planet called Kin. Kin is connected to another world called Sierra. By a bridge. Our counterparts live in Sierra, our goal is to go there. We even have no idea where we came from, but if we follow the preprogrammed guide in our head, we should find out. My weapon though is similar to my light selves. Dual pistols, but mine are double barreled. Yours is very much the same, it’s a newer model though. It was sitting here waiting for you when we first woke. We don’t know where it came from. Nightingale says it was here before he woke, but there is only weapons for us left. And that’s what scares me.” He turned around and a last door opened. They walked in and there was eight pedastals. Only three of them had weapons on them. “You are one of the final three to awake, Fiona should arrive soon. Then we have one left. His file is all blocked though, we know nothing on it. All we know is we are the final witches. We are suppose to do something important. We don’t know what though. You are also a dark witch. You should know this, it’s preprogrammed into your mind, but you have one main goal in your life.”