Chapter 11: New Dawn

Free didn’t sleep. He couldn’t. He could only loop his sisters death in his mind. He stood out of his bed rubbing his eyes. Class was canceled that day, for obvious reasons. He walked down the staircase and out the boys C dorms up to the restaurant for breakfast with the gang. He didn’t expect them to be there but they were. Another two people were there. They looked confused, but Free ran up and hugged one. Becky was there.

2 HOURS EARLIER

Becky stretched her arms and walked out of her bed. Gozlin was still sound asleep. As Becky opened the door, Gozlin twiddled her eyes open. When she saw Becky, her eyes pulled more of an explosion maneuver. “Becky!” She screamed in tears. Tackling her.  “Your alive. You couldn’t have died. It was all a bad dream.”

Becky replied “Yeah, today is the day the witches are gonna attack, get your weapons. Be on your guard.” And Gozlin opened the window, where confusion took her over. The whole field was still damaged. She then checked her phone to see a day has passed.

“Becky…” Gozlin said turning. “I need to take you somewhere.”

Becky asked many questions and Gozlin kept telling her “I’ll know in a minute.”  The stepped down the field and most students were helping clean up the wreckage. Most of it was caused by Raven, but Fiona’s storm took chunks off of the field. The whole campus was a wreck. Gozlin led Becky over to the atrium as it stood over tons of tarnished rubble. There sat her sword. Becky’s eyes widened and she remembered everything.

She remembered reading the grave

Fighting Baxter.

And in the end, screaming her lungs out as she fell over soulless.

As any sane person would do in that moment she fell to the ground, on her knees, and checked her stomach. A large scar fell down her abdomen, with jagged tips probably because of the spikes. She could only wonder why she was alive.

Wraith stood out of his bed as confused as ever to see a large portion of the dorms missing. Like, blown off the building. He got dressed and slipped on his usual suit. He couldn’t seem to find his scythe, as it wasn’t leaning against his bed. He shrugged it off without so much as a thought, before moving out onto his regular morning walk down the hall of waterfalls. As he stepped out, he saw many police officers and Raiders running around the field with stretchers, and body bags. He had no idea what good have happened, and what left its wake of destruction. He stepped into the hall of waterfalls for his morning stroll and he saw sitting there, his scythe. Then it hit him. He remembered the cold hard steel of Raven’s hand scythe running through his neck slowly and painfully. He grabbed his neck and looked in the water to see a red ring around the base of his neck. Not even he could have survived that. At that moment, Jaden walked up behind the well dressed warrior.

“Hey, it’s a dead man walking.”

Becky sat there and Gozlin rubbed her shoulder. “It was about twenty two hours ago that we watched you die right here. Your scream burned into our minds. You made us fear death in that moment. If I wasn’t a witch, I would’ve left the school right then. I can’t though, I’ve a bigger destiny then that.” She held out her hand to Becky. “Here, we need to go to the hall of waterfalls. Jaden said to meet him there.”

Wraith grabbed his scythe. “I’m one like you, Jaden. Please lower your weapon.”

“How are you alive? Gozlin said you had your head rung. Why aren’t you in the crypts of hell.” Jaden pulled out his swords, though didn’t have his chains equip.

Wraith pulled back his scythe and giggled. “I’ll show you what it means to be alive, Jaden.” And he shot at the green jacketed griever at high speeds and a wall of water came between them. It became a staircase and Gozlin stepped down with Becky a few feet behind. Jaden was now twice as confused. Dragonetta jumped in from above to and looked at Wraith and Becky, as confused as everyone else. She scratched the side of her head with hair and laughed.

“Well I missed something. Which one of you set back my clock?”

Becky walked up to Dragonetta and becky lifted her shirt to reveals her scar. “I died and came back. I think we have more powers than we thought.” Becky backed up a little. They then went to the campus restaurant and discussed possibilities of the recent resurrections when Free stepped through the door. He looked at Becky and tears poured down his face. He tackled Becky as she stood up from her seat. She sat on the ground laughing and she patted him on the back.

“Hey, bro, chill out I’m alright.”

“Becky, I will never let you get hurt again. I will stand by your side and defend you to the death. Nobody can kill you as long as I hold my blade.” Free then picked her up. “I’m just so happy to see you alive”

The Corvin’s were reunited.

The sixth witch, Joy had been found.

And now, more than ever, they wanted answers.