Chapter 7 : Bad timing

Ananya's POV

"Alexxxxx!! We have our team party today. I am so excited."

Alex made a a weird face and retorted " ahhh.. someone's excited, but I am sure its going to be boring. And since when have you been excited to go to parties? You never joined me at my place."

" That's different. I feel awkward at your place. As if I don't belong there. And to top it all, your cousins tease you, they think I am your girl friend.." 

"Will it be so bad to be my girl friend? What if I ask you out?"

I burst out laughing. "Yes. Mr. Alexander. I would love to be your girlfriend." Alex was startled as if he has come in front of a speeding truck. He was speechless, and to ease his tension i continued, " I know, I know.. why would you even look at a girl like me. You deserve a princess who is beautiful and who would be at least comparable to you in status. And I know you will soon be meeting her and falling in love."

All this time Alex was speechlessly looking at me, and driving while looking at your shotgun passenger will cause only an accident, and that is what happened. We almost hit a light pole before Alex applied sudden brakes.

"Fuck!!!" Alex exclaimed. And then began the Stream of apology.  

I love this guy. He has been my best friend through my toughest time. I don't know how I would live without him. I just looked at his innocent honest face and hoped nothing ever changes between us. We always be friends, best of friends.

"It's OK Alex. I am alright. Lets go. And stop saying sorry so much. Check if your favourite car is ok. Your girlfriend would love to drive with you in this."

"Oh this car is only for you my dear, only you can drive with me in my favourite."

"Come on, lets go !! lets go !! lets go!!"

Alex's POV

What just happened? Did she just said she wants to be my girlfriend? I can't believe it.

But my happiness was short lived. She did not take me seriously.

Is my status an issue for her, would she be attracted to me if I was just a normal guy, and not a heir to an empire.?

I am glad i made her laugh. I just love to see her laugh wholeheartedly. This doesn't happen often. But when it does, i can see her soul in her eyes, so clean and so pure.

Oh god!! I almost killed my girl. What am I doing? 

Thank God, nothing happened to her. How can i tell her, she is the only one i have eyes for? She thinks I am going to let any girl sit in this car. No can ever touch anything I own that she has come in contact with, even for a second.

Its good to see her in such a good mood. It brightens my life.

Finally, we reached the club. 

Ananya jumped out of the car. She is looking so beautiful. Her hair just the way i like it.. free.. dancing in the air. She reached the gate and waved at me, while i was giving the keys to the valet. I asked her to go ahead, she met Grace on the door and another girl from our team whose name I didn't even care to know.

I entered the club, it was the typical party atmosphere. Guys and Gals drinking, and I was just looking for my girl. I just wanted her by my side.

I spotted her near the far corner of the bar counter, but who is she talking to? My heart sunk the moment I saw Nathan. What was she doing with my girl?

I had rage in my eyes. I knew this guy was no good news. I was about to go, but suddenly a voice stopped me. 

"Alex". I decided to ignore and kept moving.

"Alex. Mr Alexander Luther Lexstur, hold on there."

I quickly turned, before anyone heard my full name. In this office no one knew who i was and I wanted to keep it that way.

I turned and came face to face with Blake, my cousin. I forgot, he owned this club, but I didn't really expect him to be here.

"Hey Blake, I will catch up with you in a moment. I will come to your office, you go ahead." I Exasperated.

He quickly hold on to my hand and pulled me in the opposite direction to where Ananya was.

" You are coming with me now, all our childhood friends are here. You are not going anywhere.

He never let me leave. My girl was talking to that son of a bitch, and I am here entertaining.

I just closed my eyes in desperation.