Chapter 49 : The Honeymoon

Alex's POV

"Wake up sweetheart!! I want to show you something."
I was trying to wake up Ananya who had been sleeping like crazy since last night.

"Alex. Please let me sleep. Its after a week I am not nauseous in the noening hours. Let me catch some of this sweet sleep while I can."
She murmured in her sleep.
"No. You have to wake up right now."
I didn't want her to miss this.

"No. You have to tell me where we are. What kinda resort do you come to on a boat?"

Oops. I thought she was asleep when we got here. I wanted it to be a surprise for her. Or atleast wanted her to be in her full senses when she sees it. But she cannot even guess where we were.

"I guess you will not come on your own."

I could see her open her eyes just about the time finished my sentence. A sugar coated warning you can say.

"No. No. No. Alex. Leave me."
She grappled in vain as I lifted her in my arms.
"I hate you Alexander."
How I loved it when she called me by my full name.

"Trust me on this one."

I brought her outside on the deck, which had a Jacuzzi on one side and a small private swimming pool on the other side.
But what I brought her for wasn't all that, it was more of a nature's gift to us, congratulating us on our marriage.

"Wooh! Where are we?!"
She was so stunned to see it that she jumped off my arms and stood by the wooden railings.
Stood before us was a magnificent picture of sun rising from between two rocky mountains trying hard to kiss each other. The only other things visible to the eyes was clear blue water and white sand separating it from the land.
"This is amazing. Alex, thank you."

"Oh, its all nature. I didn't do anything."

"No stupid. Thank you for waking me up."
Ananya clarified.

"Oh am I stupid now? I thought in India wives don't call their husband names."

Her smile spread from one ear to another.
"We are not in India now. Are we? By the way, where are we?"

"We are on a remote island in the South Pacific Polysian triangle. We flew to New Zealand and then came here on a boat. This is a private island."
I looked at her and moved closer to her when I said, "And at this moment, there is no one on this island except you and me."

"Yeah sure. As if thats possible."
She just brushed off the thought of being alone on this island which we actually were. Ahe enjoyed the view one last time and then turned towards the door yawning with her hands spread out wide and her body moved stiffly in the rhythm of her hands.
In that moment, all I wanted was to hold her from behind, wrapping my arms around her belly and burry my face in the cavity between her neck and shoulder, breathing in her fragrance

I smiled to myself. I have been thinking of doing such lovey dovey things to her, with her since the moment we got married. I spent the entire night sleepless, looking at her sleep beside me.

No sleep that night and the night before too. All the anxiety had got on to my nerves. I felt tired suddenly.

"I will cook breakfast." Ananya was all happy. I knew she would love the view.

"Oh! Be my guest." I said to her in a tired tone.
We had almost the entire day pre planned.
She made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast with banana milkshake but by the time I was done with it I was half asleep. The sleep was finally catching onto me.
I tried really hard to keep my eyes open but as soon as I hit the bed, I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes next it was already dark outside. I felt a sharp pain in my head. Suddenly the realisation f where I was sunk in. Have I been sleeping through the entire day? What time was it?
I ran out of the room to check on Ananya.