Thirteen

Disclaimer: ...

Autor's notes: Sorry for the late update. I had a moment of stupidity and forgot the password of my account XD Well, yeah, I remembered it at the last moment... Yippeee!

___________________________________________

Chapter 13: Newly Found Discoveries

     “So you’re finally here!” V.I.R.G.I.L. exclaimed. The students, excluding Fernando, arrived at the public bath after Nero said that he the AI has found information that could possibly be clues.

     “Remember the files I was trying to decrypt? I finally managed to decrypt them!” V.I.R.G.I.L. started. “At first, all got was data from the files my master got from the network. I personally connected to the network, with Nero’s help, to gather more information but here’s where the bad news come… I think I haven’t completed what I need to do here since the info I got is still incomplete.”

     “That’s alright!” Wachiriashi said “So what kind of data were you able to get?”

     “It seems that all of this was a certain part in progress for this school.” V.I.R.G.I.L. started “The plan was to lock up all of the students of Hope’s Peak Academy inside and have everyone live a communal lifestyle together. But it wasn’t a normal life; the locked-down students, depending on the circumstances, were to spend their entire lives inside.”

     “Th-that’s…!” Was Paris’ surprised gasp

     “It’s the same as the situation we are in right now!” Ella exclaimed “That’s creepy!”

     “It’s weird and unbelievable.”  V.I.R.G.I.L. agreed “Furthermore, the authority who thought of this plan was the school’s head office themselves.”

     “Wait!” Allona interrupted V.I.R.G.I.L. “The people who locked us up in here… They weren’t a criminal gang? It was Hope’s Peak Academy itself? That’s crazy! Why would they think of that?”

     “Be quiet.” The small detective, Jake, ordered “He’s not done talking.”

     “Well, the reason that all this happened was because of an incident that happened a year ago.” V.I.R.G.I.L. continued “It’s called the World’s Most Despair-Inducing Incident in the History of Mankind

     “What kind of pompous name is that?” Xander said.

     “It seems that the World’s Most Despair-Inducing Incident in the History of Mankind was pretty tragic.” V.I.R.G.I.L. stated “And because of it, Hope’s Peak academy ceased its work as an educational facility. Then, a plan was made, with this school as its center; a plan to lock the students for life.”

     “But what in fuck’s sake happened?” Norman said indignantly “What’s so bad about this… this Incident that we have to be locked in here?!”

     The answer soon came but the answer they heard wasn’t the one they wanted. “That’s what I also want to know. There are no more files that can describe what happened… I’m sorry.” Was what V.I.R.G.I.L. responded.

     “So that’s it?” Jake asked

     “I’m sorry…” V.I.R.G.I.L. said miserably “I’m sorry for not being able to help you in this distressing situation…”

     “Don’t worry about it.” Paris said as she smiled at the AI “You gave us a chance to fight back… You gave us clues of why we’re here. That’s something.”