Twenty Part.1

Disclaimer: Don't own the poem used here~

A/N: Excuses are trash, so I won't make one :D Keep scrolling down and read~

                                  [ They watch the world with open eyes,

                                    They haunt the world with an open mind,

                                    They see you move, as you live in this world,

                                    But behind these walls, lies a deep universe ]

                                                     { 0. esc }

Chapter 20: Where end begins Part.1

The atmosphere of the gym nearly screamed tension. It hung so lowly and thickly that an axe can't even cut through it. Jake faced his classmates, who was equally serious, after entering from the two gigantic doors. He just woke up from his deep slumber and was running late for their meeting.

He made his way to Fernando's table and sat beside him soundlessly. Fernando's face expression reminded him of a man in a verge of screaming. He shifted to his right and leaned his head closely to Fernando, whispering a thought that bothered him.

"Hey... What's happening? Why so serious?" 

A grim look was all he got. He decided not to bother the seemingly in-a-bad-mood comedian and directed his attention to the stage. 

Four humungous television screens were displayed on their front, its color a sleek black with light reflecting through it. Monobear wasn't on his usual spot, for he was sitting on a chair beside one of the four screens, his hands playing with a remote control.

Using his right paw, Monobear clicked a button in the remote, making the screens to come alive and be filled with colors. The only thing they can't understand was why there were white jigsaw puzzles on the big screens.

"As you can see...." Monobear started, body pacing back and forth. 

"There are puzzles in the screen. Solve these and I'll set you all free." 

Eiji abruptly stood up, hands on his pockets, shooting their principal an incredulous look. "Why so suddenly? It's too good to be true. And I didn't think you'd be direct to the point." 

The declaration must've angered Monobear because he sent a bullet gun to Eiji's direction. Due to his fast reflexes, he was able to dodge it. 

"Shut up, boy! I'm making it easy and fast for all of you." 

All of them had a bewildered look on their faces, really not believing what the robotic bear said. It was really too good to be true. Monobear was known to make things hard and make his students suffer for his own sick entertainment.

"You're all placed in every screens with your own task to complete. However, if you fail, death will be the penalty." Monobear halted and sat down on his chair.

"What's the task that we need to complete, anyway?" asked the boy in Jake's front-- Xander Farron. 

Monobear jumped from the stage to the ground, hands on his back while walking to the aisle. 

"Like what I've said yesterday, I'll add some people. All you need to is to guess who they are by using the clues that I'll give you." 

The robotic principal looked up and glanced to the wall clock. He seemed to be in a hurry because he disappeared like tiny bubbles in seconds.