Chapter 22

"I knew it, there she is." As I looked up, a boy leaned down and wrapped his jacket around me gently. An even younger girl stood behind him. The boy had raven-black hair and dark, hazel brown eyes. Hiro. And the girl I didn't recognize. "Hey (Y/N). What are you doing out here?"

"Hiro... Please tell me you're you this time..." He gave me a worried look.

"(Y/N), what do you mean? Of course it's me. Come on, Caleb is at the café with the others. He's worried about you. What even happened? He said you ran off and all sorts of weird stuff. Said you were behind the school and you kept kissing air." He surprised me with his strength as he picked me up. He carried me out of the alley wrapped in his jacket. The girl followed him silently.

"Who's the girl?" He smiled at her.

"She's a friend of mine's little sister. I'm babysitting." I smiled and nodded, kind of curling against him. He gently rubbed my back as he walked. "It's okay (Y/N)."

When I woke up, I was in a bed. I didn't even remember falling asleep. When I looked around, I smiled slightly at the familiar surroundings of Tadashi's bedroom. I was in his bed. "Hey, you're finally awake. Good, I was so worried about you. Hey, can you hear me?" I looked up towards the voice when it finally registered in my mind. "(Y/N), come on, please say something. Don't tell me the fever still has you..."

"Tadashi..." I smiled and tried to sit up, but he pushed me back down as he smiled back.

"Lay down. You need rest, you've been so sick... I doubt you even remember it." He sat down on the edge of the bed as I looked up at him.

"What do you mean? When was I sick?"

"Way too long. Just lay down okay?" I nodded numbly, letting him tuck me in tightly into the blankets.

"I love you." He looked at me sadly as he smiled at me.

"I love you too, (Y/N). Get some sleep alright? You're jacked up on meds." I reached up to him childishly.

"Don't go 'Dashi. Stay here." He smiled and took a hold of my hand, laying down next to me.

"I'm right here." He kissed my forehead, cuddling me like a baby. I smiled and curled up against him. "You okay (Y/N)? You were calling for me all the time. Your parents left you here because you would only calm down with me." I smiled, resting my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"You're alive. God, Tadashi, you're alive." I started crying in relief, and he held onto me tightly.

"Hey Tadashi, you up here? You should really come down and eat big bro... Woah. She's awake?" I felt Tadashi nod, not letting go of me. It was of course Hiro, and I heard him walk over, being quiet. "Hey, why's she crying...? Sis, you okay?"

"Oh, come here you little knucklehead." I smiled and yanked him down into the hug.

"Woah, okay. Hi." They both gave me weird looks as I held them tightly. As I held my family close.

"Tadashi, you're alive... And Hiro, you're okay... Where's the team? Baymax? Gogo, Wasabi? Are they all alright? Oh and Caleb! Is he here?"

"Woah woah woah, honey slow down. You just woke up. Rest okay? I love you." Tadashi kissed the top of my head. "I'll see about getting the others over for a visit sometime soon. Okay?" I nodded, crying in relief that they were all okay. "You must've had one hell of a dream... Everything's fine. It's okay." I smiled as Tadashi cuddled me.

"Are you hungry sis? I'll go get you something from the café if you want."

"Sure, thanks Hiro." He smiled and nodded, squeezing my shoulder gently as he got back up.