Chapter 8

(081)-120-0114- I am Sunfire.

I smiled like an idiot as I read that message.

Me- Tadashi... You really are alive. God, I have missed you.

Sunfire- (Y/N)... I'm different though. If you saw me, you'd understand.

Me- Tadashi, I love you.

All thoughts of Caleb had been abandoned.

Sunfire- I love you too, but you'd have to see me to understand...

I looked at the message, my brain trying to think a hundred things at once. The first one I grasped was instant worry. "Tadashi... What happened to the cheerful, caring boy I know?" The Tadashi I knew and loved would never think of himself like that. Anyone.

Me- Tadashi, you know I don't care what you look like. I'm the queen of bed-head.

Sunfire- It's different though...

I stared at the text, waiting for what was coming next. I had never seen Tadashi like this. Ever. When I didn't get something after that, I tried again.

Me- Tadashi, I love you. I don't care.

There was no answer though. Thinking of how he had to feel; what he must've been thinking... It killed me a little inside. More than having thought he was dead.

Caleb- Morning baby. :)

I sighed as I looked at the text. Now what was I going to do with him?

Me- Morning.

Caleb- Wanna do something today? I think the fair came in at the next town over. We could have a mini road trip.

Me- Um, that sounds great, but...

I wracked my brain trying to think of a good 'but.'

Caleb- But? Are you okay?

Me- I'm not feeling to good... I think it'd be best if I stayed home and rested. Wouldn't want to get sick in your car.

I jumped back into bed, pulling the blankets over me. How had I gotten myself into that mess? Oh, right... Sky. She'd made me pick.

Caleb- I'm coming over.

I groaned as I read his reply. "Great..."

A few minutes later, I heard a light knock on my door. "(Y/N)? I'm here." I forced a cough.

"Come... In." The door opened, and I did my best to look miserably sick. Caleb smiled softly at me as he closed the door gently behind himself.

"Hey baby." He sat down on the bed, resting his hand on my forehead. "You are feeling a little warm..." Wait, I was? I hadn't thought of the blow-drier trick until it was already too late, so I hadn't made myself warmer... Well, might as well roll with it. I looked up at him, giving him a sad puppy look. That is, until my phone buzzed... I looked down at it.

Sky- Did you figure out that random number yet?

Me- Yeah... I'll explain later. I'm kinda busy now.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah... It was just Sky."

Sky- Busy? You?

Caleb smiled and gently took my phone, setting it on the bedside table. "Stop working already. You need to get some rest." Sky helped me with editing sometimes. He must've thought we were working on my story. I sighed.

"Alright..." He smiled at me, and he leaned down. I felt his lips pressed against my forehead.

"Really though, get some sleep. You look like you need it." I forced a smile back at him. "Your story can wait, okay?" I nodded and closed my eyes. Of course since I just woke up, I wasn't actually tired... Or at least I hadn't thought I was.