Chapter 22- Gingerbread Women

------Banner^^ Gingerbread Woman! dedicated to purplerainbow101

"Merry Christmas!" Dad shouted as I walked in the door. He was wearing a Santa hat and a reindeer sweater.

"Merry Christmas to you too dad!.... In 24 days!"

"Yeah, yeah I know. It's not Christmas yet but get into the December spirit!"

"Since when do you like December?" December was always the busiest time for time, although he did love Christmas. He scoffed and dramatically feigned being hurt

"Have some faith! Also I have some news, we won't be having Christmas at home this year... We're going to stay with some family friends"

"Okay! It will be refreshing to do something different for Christmas instead of gingerbread men and getting up at the break of dawn for presents" this was our usual routine, decorate like five days before Christmas, make gingerbread and go Christmas shopping, then we would spend Christmas Day just me and dad, sometimes we would go out somewhere special like a fancy restaurant.

"Well..." He said looking away

"We will still be doing that?" He nodded and I laughed "well let's get started then!"

Although December was busy and stressing I enjoyed the month the most because Christmas was when dad could spend the most amount of time with me.

"Well I thought we could decorate the house for the appeal of our neighbors, even if we won't be here. They can still watch in jealousy that our house is better than theirs" he laughed evilly and grabbed a box full if colored lights and tinsel as I got some decorations.

"Color scheme or wild?" I asked as we walked outside

"Let's go wild!"

Dad grabbed a handful of tinsel and started spreading it across the fence and our Porch as I set up lights hanging down from the porch roof. We hung little Christmas tree decorations here and there, we didn't have that much stuff as dad didn't want to spend all the money on Christmas decorations, but there was certainly enough, when we still had mum they had a Christmas decoration spree and bought a whole lot of decorations that have lasted us years, we sometimes buy an extra decoration yearly for sentimental value.

I grabbed the candy canes from the cupboard and hung them on the screen door, so whenever we come home we can just grab a "Christmas snack". I played some Christmas music out of the speakers Harry got me last year, which I had kind of forgotten about because it was in with the other Christmas stuff that was stored in the basement.

It took a good half-hour to get everything done and we went out the fence to view our masterpiece.

"Oh..." Dad sighed

"It looks amazing!" I said nudging him laughing. Our house looked like a unicorn came and vomited Christmas on our house.

It was messy but colorful and beautiful.

The tinsel was scattered everywhere and the lights flashed rainbow making our house look like a Las Vegas sign. The inflatable Santa on the porch had a whole in him, making him de-inflate so his face was squishes up and he looked like he got hit with his sleigh.

"Dad seriously it looks great, it's christmassy and at least there's nothing worth stealing if anyone gets to jealous if our handy-work" dad gave me a pointed look then shrugged it off laughing

"Yeah I guess... Now how about we make some gingerbread!" Charles ran inside like a little kid and I followed after laughing at his excitement. We grabbed all the ingredients and dads eyes were full of life, he was so happy and it was so blissful.