Chapter 31: Rekindle

Belle's P.O.V.

I left the apartment feeling a weight lifted off my shoulder.

I grabbed my phone and called Chilé.

"It's done. His apartment is down Perkins Rowe, he lives in The District," I said.

"Okay, I'll clean up," Chilé said.

"Thanks," I said, hanging up.

I caught a cab and went to my last destination.

I felt a smile grace my lips.

"She's ready to be taken home," the nurse smiled handing her over.

She had to stay in the hospital for a while since she was born prematurely.

"You have such a cute daughter, what's her name?", An old woman asked.

"Dakota," I said, smiling.

''That's beautiful. My daughter's in one of these rooms having her baby now," she said.

"Congratulations, it was nice meeting you," I said.

"You too, take care honey," she said, walking away.

"Dakota Rae Romani," I said, whispering my baby's name as I looked down at her. She was so beautiful.

I looked outside and saw Chilé pull up.

I walked out the doors and got in the car with him.

"She's such a beauty," Chilé said, looking at the baby.

"Yeah, she gets her looks from me," I said.

"Always one to be conceited. Marciello 's going to freak when he sees her," Chilé said.

"He barely even comes out the room," I said, getting annoyed.

"He's embarrassed Belle. The guys in a wheel chair for God's sake. I think he feels emasculated," Chilé said.

"It's not like it's permanent and even if it were I wouldn't look at him differently," I said.

"Well he wouldn't know that because you guys barely talk. You need to talk to him," Chilé said.

"I will," I said.

He started driving back to my house, we made it there in about 10 minutes.

As soon as I got in the kids rushed to me.

"Let me see, let me see," the twins whined.

I kneeled down to their level and let them take a look at her.

"She look like you," Marciano said.

"Yeah, do you know where your father is?", I asked.

"In his room," Marciano said.

"I'll be back," I said. I went into Marciello's room, which was originally the playroom.

"Get out!", He yelled.

"Don't you want to see your daughter?", I asked.

"I don't want her or you to see me like this," Marciello said.

"Stop being difficult. You've seen me at my worst and I'm going to see you at yours. It's a part of marriage," I said walking in further.

I saw him in his wheelchair, facing the window.

I went over to him and handed Dakota over to him.

"What did you name her?", Marciello asked.

"Dakota. You would know that if you weren't staying in this room 24/7," I said.

"I'm sorry Belle. I just don't want the kids to see me like this. I feel so weak and helpless," he said.

"Your not weak and helpless. Your the same strong and annoying man you were before all of this happened. The kids don't care that you're in a wheelchair. All they want is to see their daddy," I said to him.

"Your right, I'll go see them,'' Marciello said.

"Not until you take a shower, you smell bad. Dakota's covering her nose up,'' I said, laughing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty chill chapter. Thanks for reading. This will probably be the last update for the day because I'm tired as hell.

Anyways, what did you think?