Drive

The song for this chapter is 'Drive' by Halsey

Stiles rolled over in his bed to look at the time on his alarm clock, he saw as 3:34am flashed in bright red letters that made his head hurt. He figured that just about anyone would be more than willing to entertain him, even if it was extremely late. He scrolled through his contact list and was not finding any appealing "stars" on his list. He read through each one, mumbling the names out loud to himself. "Erica, Cora, hot red head from party last week, Sarah.." the list continued on and on, suddenly Stiles locked his phone and got up, throwing on his favorite flannel over his white tshirt and quickly threw on a pair of jeans. He ran down the steps grabbing a baseball cap on his way out to hide his terribly wild bed head. He climbed into his jeep and found himself in Lydia Martins yard, which was only a few houses down from his. He grabbed three small rocks and looked for where Lydia's room might be. He had suddenly remembered that Lydia had mentioned her room having to sliding doors that led out to a balcony. He finally found the balcony after making his way towards the back yard, which was so large it made Stiles feel out of breath from having to walk so much. He looked down to see a few rocks in the grass he picked up one, He took a deep breath and reared back his arm before chucking it towards the sliding doors, of course the first one landed on the balcony, but the second rock landed perfectly in the middle of the door. Her heard the door suddenly slide open, and there with a bat in her hand stood the beautiful Lydia martin. Her hair had loose curls cascading down her left shoulder and she was wearing a t shirt that fell just above her belly button with silk pajama shorts that made Stiles feel like he might faint right in her back yard. She looked down and Saw Stiles standing there wiping his bottom lip with his thumb, he was secretly making sure he wasn't drooling at the sight. "What are you doing?" she questioned him as if he was absolutely insane, Stiles smiled as he thought of the very well known and extremely cliche play. "I'm being your Romeo", he said with a playful grin before bowing and looking up to see Lydia was no longer on her blacony.

Lydia suddenly rushed down her stairs before Stiles decided to do something crazy like start yelling or throw another rock. She stepped outside where she saw Stiles standing with his arms crossed, and his eyes wandering down to her shorts. Lydia tugged on her shorts, thinking she had picked a terrible night to wear them to bed. "Why are you here Stiles?" she said shivering at the cold, tugging down her shorts once more. "you wanna go for a drive?" he asked casually, adjusting his hat, Lydia looked at the way he looked in the moonlight with his flannel unbuttoned, showing his white tshirt that fit just right and his baseball hat which made him look even more attractive than he already was, even though Lydia didn't think that was even possible. He walked down through the grass near the road and climbed into his jeep, he rolled down his windows and looked at Lydia (picture above lol fuCk me uP) who was standing there frozen like a deer in the headlights, "you coming?" he questioned and before Lydia could talk herself out of it she climbed in the jeep and the two drove off. Lydia couldn't keep her eyes of Stiles, she kept thinking of all this hidden and unspoken tension that was constantly between the two, it was almost as if it was suffocating. The things they didn't speak about, the constant silence was suffocating, and Lydia was dying to come up for air. The two cruised down the open road, the vacancy giving Lydia a sense of satisfaction. Stiles suddenly turned on the radio, immediently turning up the volume when he heard the tune of a Halsey song playing. He hummed loudly and suddenly belted out the chorus loudly with a voice that was defiently not rock star quality. Lydia laughed at the horrible duet that was filling
the car and watched in amusement as Stiles beat on the steering wheel as if it was a drum set.

Lydia defiently couldn't recognize where Stiles was taking her, but every time she tried to ask him, Stiles would change the subject by telling her a horrible quality knock knock joke to make her laugh. Finally Stiles put the jeep into park and got out coming over to Lydia's side and opening her door before holding her hand and helping her out. Stiles and Lydia were now standing side by side, neither one of them making an effort to release their hands, Stiles laced his fingers into hers before squeezing gently. Lydia smiled as Stiles led her to the back of his jeep where he pulled out his back pack and a large blanket. The two sat on the blanket as Stiles read off their next assignment. "A way to know someone's changed is to know what they love, you can see how someone changes as you see how their list of what they love changes as well." Stiles laughed as if it was absolutely ridiculous, "Well I'm going to go out on a limb her and assume that what I love now will be what I always love."  Lydia rolled her eyes and before taking the initiative upon herself to answer the question first, "I love being a nobody." Stiles looked at Lydia with confusion before she continued, "I love being able to just be myself without having labels like 'jock' or 'popular'. I love having people that like me for me, and I love that before I was in a place that I couldn't love myself because people convinced me I shouldn't, but I love it now. I love being a nobody." Lydia smiled slightly before she looked over at Stiles who appeared to be in extreme concentration, as if he was annazlying everything he just heard. He pulled out a page on the scrapbook and outlined a person with no facial features, and titled it nobody, with a summary of Lydia's explanation next to it. He handed the book to Lydia and have her a marker to write his answer with.
"So Stiles what do you love?" Stiles let that question play over and over again inside his head, as if he never wanted to forget her asking him that.

"I love the Stars."

~•~•~•~
A/N:
OKAY SO IM HOPING THAT I CAN MAKE A SMOOTH TRANSITION INTO LIKE REALLY FOCUSING ON THE WHOLE STAR THING IDK I FEEL LIKE IM FOCUSING TOO MUCH ON THE PROJECT?? IDK. ANYWAYS FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU I LOVE YOUUUU❤️

~~
PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE. GIVE ME FEEDBACK, ITD MEAN A LOT..I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YA THINK OF THIS.
MUCH LOVE❣
~•~•~•