And So It Begins

I know it's been a while so I might advise reading the last chapter before reading again, so sorry. Enjoy :)

Stiles starred at his phone as it buzzed profusely with notifications. Against Stiles' wishes of course, Scott had told the entire high school about the news, he had told Stiles it was something about 'sympathy being the best form of flattery'. Stiles personally thought that was all a bunch of bullshit.

Stiles rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples as he heard the loud buzzing of his phone against his hardwood table. None of the notifications really mattered to him, none of them were from Lydia. He was starting to annoy even himself for the constant thoughts of Lydia Martin that racked his brain and stuck there like glue. He was well aware that the position he was in was because of himself. If he had not have broken up with Lydia, she would be laying right next to him whispering sweet words of encouragement and rubbing his arms with her perfectly manicured fingers.

His dad knocked on the door for the one millionth time before coming in to check on him, without asking permission of course. He told Stiles the same kinds of things everyone tells a sick person; everything was going to be okay and that the two of them were strong enough to face anything. Stiles watched his dad walk back out the door before he rolled out of bed for what felt like the first time in ages. He lazily threw on the clothes laying unfolded on the chair closest to him and headed out the door, giving his dad a vague answer on to what he was up to while he was on the way out. He pulled up to a very familiar house before pressing the horn lightly and waiting patiently for the front door to swing open.

He smiled lightly as the infamous Scott McCall walked out with the usual hop in his step and goofy grin plastered on his face. He started up the car again and smiled lightly as his best friend climbed into the seat next to him.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing outside? Shouldn't you be like sleeping or something? And can't you catch all kinds of nasty germs being outside." Stiles rolled his eyes at his overly concerned best friend, "listen Scott it's not cancer, and I'm not dead yet so let's not act like it." Scott shrugged his shoulders lightly and mumbled something along the lines of 'fair enough', before Stiles pressed on the gas and quickly drove off from the McCall residence.

Stiles had ignored Scott every time he asked where they were going and decided that riding in the car with Scott was the most exhausting thing he'd experienced since he had been 'sick'. Finally, Stiles put the car in park and hopped out, breathing in the fresh morning air with a sigh of relief. Scott was now no longer very excited nor curios about their little road trip when he realized the destination. They got out of the car and stood in awe of the special place they both held close to their hearts. It was the playground that Scott and Stiles first met at as kids, and the place they spent most of the younger lives.

This place was special; it held secrets that would go to the grave, first kisses with pretty girls, a first argument that lasted for an unbearable ten minutes. The entire friendship that was 'sciles' was deeper into the rusty swings and slippery monkey bars.

"This isn't happening Stiles, we're not going to go down memory lane and act as if your dying within the next month." Scott began walking back to the car when he felt a firm grip on his shoulder, Stiles firmly looked in his eyes like he was scolding a child, "you're not going to get in the car and pout like a baby Scott. This is what I want to do, please just do this with me."

Stiles drug him to the top of the playground as Scott watched Stiles sling his lanky body over the top of the monkey bars, perching himself on top of them like they were a seat just like they always did.

Scott tried helplessly not to get frustrated, but before he knew it he was clenching his fists and raising his voice at Stiles. "Why are you doing this man? Why are you making me acknowledge that you could possibly die from this? Do you want me to realize that you could die? Well I do Stiles, I do realize that everything could be nothing but memories. Ever since we got your news, it's been the worst feeling ever, so why do you keep trying to push that to the surface Stiles? What is wrong with you?"

Stiles said nothing as Scott exhaled profusely before
climbing on top of he monkey bars to join Stiles. The two sat in silence as they both watched their feet dangle from the bars. Scott kept his head down while Stiles kept his eyes directly on Scott, trying over and over again to find the words to say.

"Look I don't mean to hurt you, I know you're scared too and I know I'm not the easiest person when it comes to things like this. The thing is Scott I'm going to go crazy, the doctor says not to use that term, but the reality is I'm going to go fucking nuts. I'm not sure when that will happen, in all reality of the matter, it could happen tomorrow. I could wake up and not know where I am or who is around me. I'm trying to come to terms with that and I think this is the only way to do that. I gave up Lydia for her own good and I am about to give up my life because I won't even know what kind of life I live soon. I just want to remember and enjoy everything I've ever had right now before I don't get the chance to."

Scott sighed and placed his hand firmly on Stiles shoulder. He knew it was hard for Stiles to give up Lydia and to have to face the thing that he had always feared the most. He knew Stiles needed Scott and all their great memories to stay sane for as long as possible. The two stayed still on the monkey bars, the sun rising on their skin and the warmth of each other's arms draped over shoulders had them feeling content for the first time in days. In this moment, they stayed, relishing in the many memories of two of the best friends this town had ever known.

"Scott I hate to ruin the moment, but how the hell are we going to get down from here?"
~~~~
A/N:
This probably sucked & im sorry, but I've missed writing so much💗💗

~~
PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE. GIVE ME FEEDBACK, ITD MEAN A LOT..I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YA THINK OF THIS.
MUCH LOVE
~~~~