Chapter 3- Getting Settled In

Shelby's POV

I start heading upstairs to the guest room when I trip on the edge of a stair and start falling back. I couldn't do anything about it either because I was holding everything and I didn't have time to react. Luckily enough Max was behind me, so he ended up catching my fall. "Woah! are you okay Shubs?" Max asked me slightly blushing. "Y-yeah I t-think so. thanks for catching my fall, Max" I say to him. Oh no.. I can feel my cheeks getting hotter and slightly red. Max starts blushing even more "N-no problem S-Shubs. I think its b-best if I help you take your bags up to the guestroom." "Right.. And do I see a blushing Max?!" *giggling* "S-Shelby! I'm not b-blushing! now let's just take your bags upstairs into the guestroom please" pleaded Max. We head upstairs and go into my room (guestroom). "Where do I put these bags down Shubs?" Max asked me. "Just on the bed is fine" I answer. "Okie-dokie" says Max *he chuckles a bit*. All of a sudden Ross just runs into the room and tells us to get ready because Adam is throwing a party for my arrival. "Is he really?" I ask Ross. "Yeah, why wouldn't he? you know him" Ross tells me *while kinda chuckling* "Well I'm going to my room to get ready." Max says while getting up and going into his room. "I have to go get ready also. Shubs I'll leave you to get ready then. try to be down in the living room at 5:45, okay?" "Okay Ross. Thanks for letting me stay here" I said to him. He shows me a smile and walks off into his room, which was down the hallway. Max's room was across from mine. I glance at the time on my phone and it says 4:30. Okay, I've got a little more than an hour to get ready. I better start now. Hmm.. Fancy? Or Casual? I know! *goes through bags* Found it! (Black lace dress that is a little above the knees and with sleeves a little past the elbows.) I change and find my makeup bag and shoes. I put my shoes on and begin my makeup. Once I finished my makeup, I curled my hair, and adjusted the curls to my liking. I checked the time on my phone again and it said 5:40. Okay, just ready in time! I head down stairs to see a handsome Max and no Ross just yet. "Max.. You actually look decent for once" I teased him *giggling*. He hadn't turned around yet but when he did, "Wow" was all that came from his mouth. "Parden.? what was that Max?" I asked him to repeat. "You look amazingly beautiful." he said without breaking eyes with me. "You look very handsome, I must say" I told Max. We walked towards each other, noses almost touching, then a Ross in a Tux walked into the living room and said "Oh.. did I interrupt something special?" "N-no.." Max and I said without even glancing at each other. "Well then let's head to the party!" Ross suggested. "Yeah.. right.." "Let's go then.." I said then Max chimmed in after. The moment just kept replaying in my head.. Could it be.. do I like Max.? I think to myself as we drive to the party.

Max's POV

Wow, we were gonna.. KISS?! I think I like Shelby.. A lot. I hope the party goes well.