Chapter 2- Shelby Arrives

{Time Skip to The Day Shelby Arrives}

Ross' POV

"Max are you ready to go pick up Shelby from the Airport?" I yelled so he could hear me from 3 rooms away. "Yeah just a sec!" He yelled back. *chuckling* This is why I love you, Max (Just as friends). *clears throat because he hears Max coming down the stairs* "Okay let's go pick up Shelby!" I say to Max super excited. "Right. away we drive!" says Max chuckling a bit.

{Time Skip to When They get to The Airport.}

Max's POV

Wow.. this is really happening.. but I'm so nervous. No wait, Max calm down! She has a boyfriend, Tyler. "Can you go get Shelby please? if I try looking for a parking spot it will take ages.. I'll be waiting right here." Ross requested to me. "Uhh.. y-yeah, s-sure" I responded nervously. "Okay, thanks" Ross said to me. I went inside and instantly found her sitting by herself. Man.. she looks so adorable just sitting there.. its almost as if I don't want to disturb her. No wait! Max stop it! "Hey.. Shelby!" I said super nervous yet excited. "Max!" She immediately jumped into my arms and while we embraced it felt like time stopped.. but not in a good way. I remembered so many unwanted thoughts in that very moment.

{Flashback} Narrating (Author)

Shelby and Tyler had been together for almost 4 months when Shelbly called Max crying to him that she had seen Tyler making out with another girl- she was heartbroken and fell into a deep depression- she knew what she saw was right. But he lied.. he told Shelby the other girl kissed him and he couldn't get out of it. Poor Shelby believed it.. And they didn't break up. Max tried to convince Shelby to break up with him and that Tyler wasn't worth her tears but she disagreed. Yet she got cheated on again after about 3 months.. Yet they kept going. Total time dating so far- 8 months today

{End of Flashbak}

Max's POV

She let go of hugging me and I asked to help carry some of her bags. She said it was fine, yet I took 2 of the 3 bags she had brought. "Thanks, Max" she said. "Anytime. so how is your.. uh.. relationship with.. Tyler?" I asked her. She stopped dead in her tracks, faced me and said "Its over." I let a sigh of relief to hear that, but I could tell Shelby was on the verge on tears. "Good job Shelby.. I'll always be here for you Shubs." I said trying to stop her from crying. Yet I was too late because I saw a tear run down her cheek. "Please don't cry Shelby.." I pleaded. "I-I'll try not to anymore. can we please head to the car now.?" Shelby asked me. "O-of course M'lady. this way." I said imitating Ross. She nodded and a smile appeared at last on her face. Ahh.. she looks so cute when she smiles. We got to Ross' car and I asked him to open the trunk to put Shelby's belongings in there. Then I opened the backseat door for Shelby. I sat in the Passenger Seat across from Ross, who was driving. "So shubs how was your flight here?" Ross asked her. "I-it was fine." She answered. Man.. I feel so bad for Shubs and her breakup with Tyler because I've been there before- still kinda am- and it feels like pure emptyness.. like you're a lost soul.
{Time Skip to Getting Home}

Shelby's POV

"We're here!" Ross yelled. *giggled a bit* "Yay.!" I said excited.