Chapter 16- Horse Ride!

Shelby's POV

"be.. abe.. Babe! Wake up!" I heard Max start. I sat up to find Max sitting next to me. He gave me a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him as I got up. He smiled back before saying "Get ready because in about an hour we're heading off to go horse back riding." I nodded as he walked out of my room to let me change. I changed into light blue skinny jeans, a blouse, and some boots. I walked down into the living room and found Ross, Red & Adam watching TV, Em and Alesa were talking, and Max was going through his phone. Looks like I was the last one up and ready.

{Time Skip Till They Get To The Stables}

We were greeted by a tall slender man named Henry. "Good evening everyone. I'm glad you all are here. If you follow me into the stables, you will get to choose your horse." He began as we followed him inside. It was filled with horses in every stall, some poking their heads out. "Now to get your horse, you'll have to make sure it picks you back. Grab some sugar cubes and walk up to a horse of your choice. If the horse eats the sugar cubes out of your hand, proceed to pet it. Once you have pet the horse, call me over." Henry said leading us to where we could grab our sugar cubes. I grabbed 3 cubes and walked around until I saw the most beautiful horse. It was almost completely white, with a few gray specks and its mane a mixture of gray and some black. It had huge blue eyes. I walked over to its stall and read the name carved into the wall. 'Beauty', it read. I held out my hand with the sugar cubes in it. She first sniffed my hand, then ate the cubes. It tickled a bit. I then pet it on its forehead, without an issue. "Henry, I think I found my horse." I said loud so he would hear. "Ah, great!" Henry said walking over. I was the first one to have found a horse! "Oh, Beauty. She hasn't picked anyone in a while. I'm surprised. Well c'mon, let's begin grooming and saddling her up." Henry said eagerly. I nodded and followed Henry into a different room. He showed me how to groom and saddle, before almost everyone else calling him. As I was about to put on the bridle, everyone else came into the room leading their horses. Henry explained to all of them what he did to me, and in less than 5 minutes everyone was busy grooming and saddling away. Except for me, since I had finished a while ago. Once everyone was saddled Henry showed us the proper ways of getting on and off a horse. After a good 10 minutes, we were ready to began our ride. We wouldn't have a guide, but there was a path we had to stay on.
Later on after about 15 minutes of horseback riding we found a huge meadow that was perfect for a picnic. There were plenty of fence posts we could tie our horses at, and we could give them water and some more sugar cubes! I was also certain Alesa was carrying one of the food baskets and so was Em. Sure enough, they were. They had packed plenty of sandwiches, drinks, and some candy bars. Lunch was great.
Sadly, it was now time to ride back. The view was gorgeous though, and the rides were fun.
Today was a great day.