6

When he left things felt normal again, maybe he will be back to normal tomorrow. Classes start tomorrow and I am honestly kind of nervous. I don't know how I am going to do here but I doubt I can't make good grades here. This school seems to be all about making sure us students have everything we need. And that isn't a bad thing.

I don't know how this school year is going to go but I do know that I am going to be on top and no one is going to beat me. I will win valedictorian and even if this means no sleep and no going out with the friends I will make this year.

I got into some of my pjs and called my mom telling her everything was okay and that I am all settled in nicely. I told her about all my new maids, and about all the nice food I bought and even about Coal and how me not backing down actually gave me respect from him and that he was nice to me. She talked about how devious the twins are and how she is going to strangle them one day. And then she told me the biggest surprise ever, she pregnant with a little girl. She doesn't know when she's due but she knows it's soon.

Feeling a little childish I decided to run and jump on my bed like a child does when they are loaded on sugar and are really hyper and crazy. I clapped my hands and the lights went off, which was really cool. I love my bed but it's really big, it's like it's meant for two people or something and we are only in high school like who needs this big of a bed.

NEXT MORNING:

I woke up and made some breakfast, eggs, bacon, hash browns and some pancakes. The maids got mad at me because I didn't let them cook my food. They made me let them help me get ready for school. They braided my hair back and picked out a pretty cute outfit. It was a blue jacket that stopped at my elbows and some pink pants that went right below my knees, a striped shirt that was navy blue and white and then some off white braided wedges.

I walked out of my apartment and Coal was standing right next to the door. He really did scare me, but what scared me the most was the look in his eyes. He was giving me the look that my dad gives my mom. He smiled at me, a smile! I don't know what to do.

"Hey I thought since you were new to this school you would need someone to show you around. Let me see your schedule. Hey we have all the same classes together. Well my job just got way easier."

"Oh that's good, so what came over you to help me?"

"Nothing, I'm not as bad as they say I am."

"Oh of course not. You just yell at people for no reason and expect them to follow your every demand."

He grabbed my arm and I tense all up. I started feeling this weird warm sensation of where his hand is. He looked at me in that weird way again, he's really starting to creep me out.

"December are you okay?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"What do you mean? I'm just being kind."

"Exactly."

"Okay I am sorry for being such a jerk to you earlier but I really am not like that."

"Yea okay."

We walked into history and he put his arm over my shoulder. I looked up at him and gave him the weirdest look but not like what everyone else was giving us. The girls in the class were giving me one of two looks, jealousy or pity. I knew that he wasn't being himself and I am not going to fall for this players crap.

"Come on, pick a seat. Don't worry if anyone's in it. They'll move."

"Oh I don't want anyone to move because of me."

"No they have to, now pick a seat before I pick one for you."

"Oh well I like to sit in the front, with all the smart kids. So if you wanna sit in the back it's okay with me."

"It's alright I was gonna sit behind you no matter where you sat."

When I sat down a girl who looked almost my height walked in. She had blonde hair and blue eyes with a tiny figure. She was so small it was so cute. The teacher walked in too, her head perked as she smelt the power in the room. I guess with the two most powerful Alphas children in the room the smell would be so frightening.

"Alright, alright. Shut up you stinkers. Now we have a new student and I want you to treat her with the upmost respect. Anne Hill." I turned and the little blonde next to me stood up and went to the front.

"I go by Annie mostly, but if you come up with something else it works for me."

"Why don't you have her sit down Mrs. Briss" Coal said in a bored tone

"Alpha Coal! Please treat this young lady with respect!!"

"Mrs. Briss. please do not speak to me with that tone. If I wanted to give this girl respect I would."

"Alpha Coal! Principals office now!!!" Everyone laughed at her. But I didn't find his disrespect funny at all, who speaks to a teacher like that? I would never do that to anyone and my mother is quite known for her cruel reputation. I whispered to him, I knew that it was no use because everyone here has heightened senses but I had to tell him.

"Coal stop. Just go to the principle office. You know that they won't do anything to you. They'll ask you what she did wrong and then they'll probably fire her. So why do you have to humiliate her even more?"

"Don't you ever speak to me like that again. We are done."

"How can you be done with something you never started with?" Everyone sat there shocked. They had no words to say, not even the teacher. The classroom was so quite I don't know it could be any quieter.

"We will talk about this later, I need to tell you something and you better not have any smart remarks."

"Yea, yea, yea. I knew your act wouldn't last long." The rest of the day with him wasn't that fun. Anne told me the reason why everyone is steering clear of me is because he marked me, so I guess that means no friends for me.