14

December's Point of View

Whenever I woke up Coal was looking at me with high intensity and calculated my every move. He looked at me as though I was a fragile infant in need of high intensity love and care. I don't understand why everyone thinks of me as so fragile just because I was poisoned. A lot of people are poisoned all of the time yet they don't die and they come out of their comas completely fine.

Everyone had left including the doctors after Coal basically chased them out of the room saying that the only person who needs to be in there with me is my mate. He convinced my siblings that  they were too hungry and they needed to get some rest. The twins reluctantly agreed but told him that they were coming back in three hours and that he had to leave. They seem to be liking Coal more now, they both laugh at his awful jokes and they even their own personal handshake with him.

"So how long have I been in here?" I asked.

"Four months now. You woke up saying my name and then fell back asleep for another month. Your progress has been great though. All of the poison is out of your body. And your wolf seems to like me and the kiddos. She's been waking you up and speaking to us of how to properly get everything out of your body. But she says you're going to shift anyday now and if you can't stay awake longer than thirty minutes than you're not going to survive the shift."

"Well I feel fine now. It's almost as though I never was poisoned. Have y'all found James body?"

"Yes and we burned it just to make sure."

"Well that's good. So how has school been treating you Coal?"

"I don't go." That was all he had to say when I realized that he does care about me and not just himself. Going to Alpha school is very important because until they graduate they can't rule their packs. Even if their parents died the pack Beta would run the pack until they graduated, that's another reason why mom never wanted to sign us as an official pack. She didn't agree with some of their rituals and wanted everyone to know that we are different.

I often wonder whatever happened to Damien, the wolf I was sure was my mate. I never see him here at school and I don't even think he knows I exist here. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Coal but I just wonder what Damien has been up to and who he is. I heard a loud growl come out of Coal's chest and looked at him like he was a psycho path.

"Well, well, well look who's still here." Coal growled out.

"Aw is pretty boy upset I came to see his mate." I looked up and saw no other than Damien himself. It's crazy how you wonder about someone and then the next second they're there.

"Listen rogue, I don't care who you think you are but I know all you stand for is trouble. Now get out of here before I make you get out of here."

"Why don't we let the princess decide who can stay and who gets to go. Afterall she is my new Luna." That was all Coal needed to hear before he picked Damien up by the throat and threw him against the wall.

"One- don't you ever call her princess again. Two- you will not ever speak to her again. Three- she may be your Luna but she's my mate which means I am your Alpha and you will respect me."

"How can you be my Alpha whenever you aren't even the Alpha of your own pack." I slapped my face with the palm of my hand. This guy clearly never knows when to shut up and for me to be so much in love with him is ridiculous. His comment caused Coal to literally kick him out of the room which then caused the nurses to have to literally throw Coal out of the room, all of this left me by myself in a boring white hospital room.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Coal's Point of View

They kicked me out of the hospital which I knew was coming eventually. I didn't fight too much because I knew they were only doing it for the safety of December. She didn't need to become stressed because of her jealous mate. I just don't like the fact that the jerkwad gets to go back in there after he gets stitches from the heel of my foot. He doesn't get to make side comments to me, I am soon to be his Alpha and when I become his Alpha I will kick him out of the pack if he cannot be respectful.

December was making looks at the guy that I didn't like, looks like hey he's really cute or looks like she had a thing for him. But the idiot did something smart for a change, he left the hospital. Whenever he saw me he smirked and started walking over to me. What does the idiot want now?

"So Coal, how come you aren't in school anymore? Don't you know that you won't get to rule your pack until you graduate?"

"Listen, I don't know who you are but I don't like you and I don't have to answer anything to you. Just leave me and December alone and we will do the same to you."

"You really don't know who I am do you? Well I will give you a hint. I am the guy that your mate is in love with. Not physically of course since she and I have never really been on a date before but I am the guy that she would wait up hours for me to come see her once I got out for break. Your mate used to think she and I  were mates, so I am sorry but I'm not leaving anytime soon."

"You just really don't know when to shut up do you?"

"Nope." And then the idiot left. Thankfully.

I walked back to my room, the walk wasn't far only about ten minutes from the hospital so I didn't have the need for a car. When I got to my apartment I saw that my maids had finished cleaning and used my favorite cleaning smell. December's maids haven't been there in a while since no one has been in her place in four months. The twins stay with me so they don't have to have a babysitter or stay with the other Academy children. They're so much more mature than the other kids I would hate to be anywhere else too.

"Hey guys I'm home." I called out.

"We are in here."