9

Coal:

Watching December fight Bayleigh didn't make me happy. If she got hurt I would have lost it. When Bayleigh shifted everyone got angry, we didn't expect her to get so angry, and coach's number one rule while people are on the mat is no shifting. Then he didn't even let me and my mate brawl. She looked so hot beating the other Alphas to the pulp. I wouldn't want her to do those same moves on me.

I waited for her to come out of the locker room. We will always walk together to class, since we have the same schedule. I love being able to be with her at all times, that way none of these hormonal males will try anything. She has started to be a little more open to people but I am concerned because her only friend is me.

"Hello princess." She came out in some jeans and a nice striped shirt with some white converse.

"Do you always have to walk with me?"

"Well who else would you walk with?"

"I don't know but I feel like people are afraid to talk to me because you'll hurt them and you aren't even that cruel."

"Well if I am such a burden, then walk alone."

I left her all alone. Her tiny legs couldn't keep up with my angry strides. I pushed into history class and made my way towards the back. Hayden, one of my pack mates is in this class and I sat next to him. He gave me a look of why aren't you with your mate? But I shook my head in a way of saying don't ask about it.

She never showed up to class today, well not until the end. And when she showed up today I saw her tear stained eyes. She didn't look happy at all, like all the life was drained out of her. Worry instantly filled with me, I hope those tears aren't from me. She walked up to the teacher and they walked out of the classroom. When the door opened December wasn't with Mrs. Briss. 

"Mrs. Briss?"

"Yes Alpha Coal?"

"Where'd December go?"

"I am afraid that isn't any of your business."

DECEMBER:

After he left me in a hurry the twins called me in a panic. Mom and dad were attacked by some hunters in their sleep. The twins were staying at a friends house and so they weren't home when mom and dad were attacked. Both of my parents were killed, the hunters had tortured mom by making her watch them kill dad and then they killed her quickly. 

I had to go to the apartment and pack, I had to return home to take over my rogue pack. I don't have any clue on how to run a pack. And I certainly don't know how to raise the devil twins.

I heard a knock on my door, I wiped my face and walked to the door. When I opened it, there was a very concerned Coal waiting for me. He didn't know what was going on and so he came here. If I wasn't in this situation I would have probably kissed him for caring so much.

"Princess please tell me I am not the reason for you to be upset." I laughed in between my sniffles.

"No you aren't. When you left-" I broke down in tears, sobbing my heart out. He quickly grabbed me and picked me up and held me close. He rubbed my back with his hand. Honestly just his presence calms me. 

"Princess you don't need to finish."

"No I want to. After you left my twin little brother and sister called me, they were screaming and crying saying how mom and dad were attacked. They said that some hunters had attacked them and then the worst part is hearing my siblings asking why mommy and daddy were killed." I felt him hug me tighter, if that's even possible.

"Oh princess I am so sorry, I don't what to say."

"I just need to go home to my brothers and the pack."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"You can't do that."

"Why not? Princess you don't need to be alone."

"But what about your pack? And school?"

"Princess you are my mate and I don't want anything to happen to you, I could care less about anyone else."

"Okay but be prepared. I don't know how to cope with this and I am so scared. I was never taught how to run a pack. Mom always said I would run it when I graduated high school that way I could just focus on school."

"Princess I am here for you."