21

December's POV

He just doesn't understand what it's like to come from a world where if you aren't powerful, you're a nobody. And it is the Alphas like him that are the reason that the "nobodies" are nobodies. I don't care about the title that my children will receive. I just want them to grow up confident and know who they are not because of a title but because they have developed into something smart, something strong and something kind. With all of these thoughts, it will come naturally for my kids to feel confident because of their Alpha and newly discovered Beta title.

I heard footsteps outside my door and assumed it was either the twins or Coal. Boy was I wrong, it was Coal's mother. She opened the door with a certain look in her eye that I didn't like.

"Luna Ashleigh, how can I help you?" I stood up as she walked in.

"Oh, just call me Ashleigh, no need for formalities. December, I have been meaning to talk to you. I know that my son can be kind of intense and my husband is even worse, but just hang tight dear. They can be great guys; you just have to be willing to put up with their shenanigans."

"Luna Ashleigh, with all due respect. I don't understand what your goal here is. I know your son is a great guy but I don't understand the point of this conversation if that is all you're here to tell me." She looked taken back for the moment and I saw her wolf surfacing. Yikes. However, soon a smile reappeared on her face and my fear only grew. A woman who knows how to keep her composure is not a woman you want to mess with.

"The reason for my speaking this with you is because my husband can be very intimidating. We are after all the strongest pack in the world and my husband wants to keep it that way. That can add some pressure to my son, causing even more pressure on you. I know who your mother was December, and I know who your birth parents were too. There's so much power radiating off of you it's phenomenal. But don't take my kindness for weakness. You may be a very powerful wolf, but I am Coal's mother. And there's only so much the mate bond can help without becoming proper mates. So, heed my warning, until you two are proper and traditional mates, he will always pick me in the end." With that she smiled and walked out of the room, leaving me, well speechless.

After Luna had left, I began to unpack. My room was beautiful and I'm glad that I have it all to myself. Coal wasn't happy about the arrangements, but he eventually let it go. I laid in bed until about three in the morning and realized I forgot to eat dinner. A meal I never skip, I skipped it because I really didn't want to be around Coal's mom. She was nice on the outside, but I can totally see her snapping little words coming to my direction.

As I dug in the fridge for something to eat, I heard a large bang noise. I looked up but didn't see anyone or anything. I smelled a familiar scent and was soon relaxed. It was just the twins; they were coming down for some food too. They smiled up at me and I forgot how beautiful they both were. Obviously, Ash was handsome, but he had such a captivating look to him that I just couldn't help but look into his beautiful blue eyes. Emery was beautiful too; her hair was becoming darker like moms and her eyes colder like moms too. Her tan skin made her blue eyes stand out. I think she was also becoming taller than me.

"There you are December! I thought we were never going to see you again!" Emery cried out in happiness.

"Yea, we thought that you were gonna ditch us for his family. I was honestly scared I was about to lose you for a moment there December."

"Guys I would never ditch you, but there are some things that we need to talk about. And I need you guys to be mature and handle this like the big kids I know you are. Can you two do that for me?" They both nodded eagerly. "Okay, well you know how we never knew who my real parents were? Well, I found them. And it turns out that they were the old Beta's of this pack before they died. And here's the craziest part of it all, James is the one who killed them." They looked at me with panic in their eyes. They didn't know what to do, they didn't know if they were supposed to be sad for me or if they were supposed to be happy that I found my true parents.

"What does this mean about us then?" Emery asked with eyes close to tears.

"Oh, nothing honey, I am going to stay in your lives for as long as I live."

"That's the problem she is speaking of December. How much longer until the Hunters realize what has happened to James and they send a new one? And we don't mean these things to worry you, but we do want to know what Coal and his family will be willing to do to protect you?" I looked at Ash like he had an alien on his head. I would expect this level of thoughtfulness from Emery but not Ash. He just never has shown this much potential to be a forward thinker.

"Well guys, we've got the rogues to help us. We have been on our own since mom and dad died. And I had been on my own long before mom and dad entered my life. I will figure something out before I fully rely on Coal and his family. But, with that being said, if they offer to help, I won't turn it down fully." They nodded at me as though they didn't disagree with anything I had just said.

"Well December it's a little late for Emery and I to be up, thank you for your comforting words. We just want to make sure that we don't lose our sister too."

They walked back to their rooms and I finished my snacks. Then went back up the trillion flights of stairs and off to sleep I go.