The "Devil" has arrived

Mayumi was ready to revive Kojin and was getting trained by Suijin. Still few days were remaining in Mayumi's parents return. She would start her training early in the morning. Suijin asked her to concentrate on the flow of chi. It was very crucial that she master the art of transferring her chi into someone else. After rigorous practice and meditation she was able do to it at some extent. Akira was also preparing for the worst. He knew Kagu-tsuchi would not let all this happen so easily. He would practice with his sword all day long. The day before Mayumi's parents was about to arrive Mayumi went for practice as usual. Akira was training with suijin in the woods.

"Good morning my lord." Mayumi wished Suijin slightly bowing down.

"At least someone pays you respect." Akira passed a silly comment and laughed. Suijin just rolled his eyes and ignored him. Mayumi gave a death glare and that was enough to silent Akira.

"Mayumi you have been practicing a lot but still its not enough. Can i ask you something??" Suijin's voice was calm but also very serious.

"Yes my lord."

"Are you sure about this??"

"Yes I am. Why would you ask such question?"

"I am glad to know that you are determined to help me but it seems you are having mixed feelings about this."

"No....there's nothing like that.....I will help you for sure." She said with a slight hesitation.

"Fine then. I want you to channel your chi towards me. Take your position." Suijin asked her to sit in meditation pose in front of him. He too took his position in front of her.

"Now close your eyes and focus where you are channeling your chi." Suijin instructed. Mayumi closed her eyes and started focusing on her flow of energy. As she was meditating,she saw a golden string. That was the flow of her chi. She concentrated on it and tried to move it in the direction of Suijin. That string moved a little but soon it wavered and disappeared.

"What's wrong with me?? Arghh....i still can't do it." She yelled in frustration.

"Tell me what's bothering you Mayumi??" Suijin asked.

"I don't understand.....i am so sorry my lord." Her face dropped in disappointment. Akira came near her and sat down beside her putting his arm over her shoulder.

"I am afraid." She said in a really low voice. "I am afraid for my parent's safety. What if Kagu-tsuchi tried to put their life in danger?? And what if something happened to Akira.....i won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to them because of my decision to help you in this mission." Tears forced their way out of her golden eyes.

"Don't let your fear overwhelm you Mayumi. Nothing will happen to me or your parents. Suijin is going to put a barrier around your home when we will be off to lake Sai. No one can break that barrier. And you don't need to worry about me. I made a promise to you...remember??" Akira placed his right hand on her face and rubbed her cheek gently with his thumb. She smiled and nodded slightly.

"Now when everything is settled ....Mayumi get back to practice. Empty your mind. Free it from every fear and regret. I take responsibility for your parent's and Akira's safety...so..."

"Stop right there. I don't need 'your' help. I can manage on my own. Just take care of yourself....don't let Kagu-tsuchi kick your butt." Akira's remark made Suijin lose his cool. He splashed a huge wave on Akira and laughed.

"Now shut up." Suijin said crossing his arms around his chest. Akira cursed him and Mayumi just giggled.

"I hope everything goes well." Mayumi thought in her mind. After few more attempts she was able to channel her chi at her own will.