MAYUMI'S SOUL

At the Grand shrine of the supreme goddess,Suijin defeated Suchi(the shikigami) by piercing right through his heart by a sharp water stream. But he knew Kagu-tsuchi would not sit idly by when kiyoshi is so close to knowing the truth. Back in past kiyoshi saw how he and Yumiko United in their past lives.
--------------

Akira took Mayumi in bridal style and started walking to her home. She snuggled in his well toned chest. Akira looked down and smiled. Both were content,it was the day when they marked each other as their own. Akira jumped over boundary wall and without making any sound he entered Mayumi's room. He placed her on the bed gently. She flinched in pain a little. Becoming the mate of a demon took a toll on her body.

"It will be ok after some time." Akira said placing a quick kiss on cheeks. Her cheeks turned bright red and she immediately covered her face with a blanket.

"There's no need to be shy. You are my mate now." Akira said leaning down to her level.

"All this is making me even more embarrassed." She said very slowly. Akira removed the blanket from her face and cupped her cheeks.

"I love you." He said softly into her ears. His hot breath sent shivers down her spine. She instantly pulled Akira in an embrace.

"Always be mine." Akira said pulling her into an intimate kiss.

"Stay with me for a while." Mayumi said with a blush.

"You sure?"

"Hmmm."

Without saying another word Akira laid down beside her,wrapping his strong arms around her waist. She snuggled into his chest and soon fell asleep. Akira slowly loosened his grip around her and tucked her in the bed properly. He left after placing a soft kiss on her tender lips.

Nine days passed by but Mayumi didn't come to meet Akira. She even started to keep her window shut at night.He was getting more and more impatient.

"What is wrong with her??" He thought. "I better check on her."

He entered her room but she wasn't there. He heard her voice from outside the room,she was talking to some house maids. He decided to wait for her for a while. After some time she entered her room. Akira quickly grabbed her from behind and nuzzled her neck,inhaling her intoxicating scent. She was startled. She turned around but she did not had that charming smile on her face that was always there to welcome Akira. She looked rather stressed.

"What happened to you Mayumi?" Akira was confused because of Mayumi's reaction.

"It's nothing." She said without even looking at Akira.

"You think I am that stupid. Tell me what happened??" He asked more aggressively.

"I said its nothing" she yelled back.

"Don't try to fool me. What is it?? Tell me this instant." He asked grabbing her shoulders. She looked in another direction making Akira even more angry.

"I am asking you for the last time." He dug his claws in her shoulders,drawing out some blood.

"Do you regret being with me??" Akira asked removing his firm grip from her shoulders.

"Its complicated." She said looking down.

"Fine then.... I am leaving." Akira dashed out from her room angrily.
Tears smeared Mayumi's face. She closed her window and cried her heart out.

"I am sorry Akira."

Akira went deep inside the forest and reached the same waterfall where they became one. Akira fell on his knees. He punched the ground over and over again until blood came out of his hand.