Vegas

WARNING: chasing scene

"This is going be so incredible." You say as you look out the window of the cab.

Every corner you turn there's a huge lit up sign and a fluorescent building. It's almost as if you're driving through a dream land.

You've never been to Vegas before but you've already gone over everything you want to explore while you're here.

Since its Dan's birthday, all you want is for him to have a good time.

"I hope so. I'm ready to celebrate another year of my pathetic life."

You squint your eyes at Dan and shake your head disapprovingly. "Says the guy who's headlining his own tour."

He only laughs and turns his gaze to the window. Though you want to continue to sight see, you look at Dan instead. You admire the way his lips shift from a thin lipped grin into a dimpled smile.

His right hand is resting innocently on his lap while his other is placed lazily on the seat beside his thigh.

You remember flight over and how he held you when the plane took off. Though you've driven in the tour bus for most of the tour, you've had to take a couple planes to some locations for time purposes. But every time the plane takes off, you can't help but latch onto the person nearest which happens to always be Dan.

While he isn't paying attention to you, you lower your hand down onto the fake leather seat. You crawl your hand on top of his which causes him to turn around.

He looks at your hand on his before making eye contact with you. You loose yourself in his brown irises, feeling his fingers intertwine with yours.

"We're in Vegas." You whisper, giggling a bit. His thumb runs across the top of your pointer finger in a calming manner.

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." He winks.

"Indeed." You agree.

Just then you arrive to the hotel. Phil gets the luggage out and passes it to Dan and then Dan passes it to you to which you set them each nicely on the pavement.

"Team work." Phil laughs as he pulls up the handle of his purple suitcase and walks inside.

You and Dan follow.

The process of getting to the room takes a while but by the time you do, you're so ready to go check out the casino downstairs.

"Please someone come with me downstairs, I need to go do something fun." You fall back on one of the two beds.

Nobody responds right away which causes you to sit up. "Well?" You look between the two of them.

"Yeah, I'm down." Dan shrugs his shoulders and looks at Phil.

"I think I'm going to get some sleep, you two go have fun." Phil lays down on the other unoccupied bed and pretends to sleep.

You laugh and say your goodbyes but before you close the door, you hear Phil say something.

"What was that?" You peek back into the room.

"Tell Dan I said happy birthday."

"I will." With that you close the door and catch up with Dan whose already almost to the elevators.