Meeting the Rowans

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare not for evil, to give you a future and hope" ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

"Get your ass up and ready for Church!" a voice rang throughout the house, and awoke me from my peaceful slumber.

"But mom! We just moved yesterday!" I yelled back, putting a pillow over my head.

"But nothing! We leave in an hour, now let's go!" she yelled back.

I moaned while sitting up from my comfortable, queen-size bed. I looked around my room and saw the boxes that still scattered the floor. My mom, dad, and sister already unpacked everything they had but, seeing how my legs never want to work when my mom says to do something, I still have my boxes out. I only had my half empty dresser, empty bookcase, and bed as furniture in my room. The lilac walls of rooms seemed to be embarrassed with the fact that they naked. I had pictures, but I didn't feel like putting them up just yet. The only thing I did was put up was my blackout curtains, and put linens on my bed so I could sleep in peace today.

The clock on my black nightstand read eight o'clock and I groaned some more.

"Mom, it's too early! I thought it started at ten!"

A lady in her mid-thirties opened the door wide and put her hands on her hips. She was wearing a faded KISS T-shirt and blue pajama bottoms that showed her newly painted toenails. She had her hair in a quick bun that was held together by a pencil.

The light from the hallway entered my room and I hissed at the contact of sunlight.

"I don't give a damn. The Rowans are coming over to introduce themselves and I want us to look presentable"

"Well, I say they should get to know us for who we are- lazy people, who happen to be procrastinators" I said, slowly sliding out of bed with red shorts and a faded black tank top. The sheets followed me onto the floor, where I pulled myself into a ball and tried to fall back asleep.

"Yeah, and if it was your way; we'd be saving all of our money for the Zombie Apocalypse that isn't gonna happen any time soon" she said, picking my up by my arms and ushering me to the suite bathroom.

"It's gonna happen, mom! Any day now! I can feel it!" I said while my mom turned on the bathroom lights.

I squinted at myself as the blinding lights adjusted to my eyes.

Sleep really took everything out of me. My tuxedo black hair was everywhere- results of me 'sleep wrestling my pillow'. My cheeks were full of saliva and my shirt was drenched in it. My face had a series of detailed lines that stopped on my neck and continued onto my arms- signs that I sleep like a WWE wrestler.

I sighed before looking at my mother and saw her give me one of her million dollar smiles.

If you compared myself with my mom and saw no similarities; then need to thank your eye doctor because you can see clearly.

My mom and my sister, Lucy, looked like sisters. When you put my mom, sister and I together- I look like I was adopted when, in actuality, I'm my parent's biological daughter.

My mom has light hazel eyes that have been carried over to my older sister.

I, on the other hand, have purple eyes.

My dad carries a recessive trait of Alexandria's Genesis and (surprise, surprise!) so does my mother.

So when puberty hit and I never had 'the time of the month' or had no hair on my body (besides my head), my parents decided to tell me.