Chapter 6

"Red, what does the note say?"

"Uh... My dearest Red-"

"No man! I mean where did it come from?!"

It's the next day and my mother is pretty excited to leave this boring old city. And I can't say I feel the same way. Granted, I feel as though I'm being lead on the great and right path, and I may get the help I actually need... But I'm not feeling as excited as I did yesterday.

"Um..."

I flip the red note around, my sight dizzy. My mother made me take the pills the doctor gave her two days ago. And it doesn't exactly have the greatest effect.

"... Sap My Pap forest...?" I whisper and my mother flinches.

"What? That can't be right!"

She looks over my shoulder again, and is surprised to see I'm right.

"But... What? That can't be... That's all the way up in Africa!"

I gulp, thinking about traveling by plane over a large mass of water.

"Do we have to go mom?"

"Dude we already discussed it, pack your bags. We might as well stay a while," she responds and I sigh.

I slowly set down the note and make my way over to my room.

I might as well do what she says. My mother is still stuck in her 1900's, but she's stubborn when she wants to me... And maybe this does have something to do with my father... She's been acting really strangely ever sense she saw the word "grandmother." And my mothers mom died a couple of years ago.

I begin to pack the essentials and things that I will need.

I've never been to Africa before, and I don't know what to expect. But I shouldn't be complaining... Who knows... It might actually be worth it.

"Mom, have you already payed for tickets?" I call.

"Already doing that! It looks like there's a flight tomorrow. My god, look at the luck we're having man!"

I sigh again, turning back to my suitcase. This is going to be a long week.
   ~*~
The next day, my mother hurries us out the door. There's a storm approaching, and she doesn't want to drive out in the rain.

The storm only makes me even more nervous. What if we crash right in the middle of the sea? What will we do then? I will never get to meet my so called grandmother! And I won't be able to get the medicine!

But then again, all my grandmother had said was that she was sick... Maybe I'm just being a little paranoid.

The picture on the back of the note might not even mean anything... It might have been just my sight, and my grandmother could have possibly never even drawn it!

I shake my head as we walk quickly into the airport. I'm thinking to hard about this. We just need to get to Africa, spend a couple of days there while trying to figure out the exact location of my grandmother.

I just hope it isn't to late, and we aren't traveling for nothing.

It takes one hour for the plane to arrive at the station. My mother and I board silently, a determined look on her face as we sit down in our seats.

I'm closest to the window, and thunder booms outside. I glance towards the sky, gulping.

The weather seems even more scary now that my vision is out of whack and all red. But ever sense I took the medicine this morning... I haven't seen another cloak sense. But I don't get my hopes up, for medicine never lasts forever.

Soon after we board, the plane takes off. I don't exactly know the time distance, or for how long we will have to stay in here. But I really don't mind. As long as we get there - safe - it doesn't mind to me.

Turbulence keeps me up that night. The shaking of the plane really makes it hard for me not to complain silently.

My mother is fast asleep next to me, with her food placed in front of her. I haven't eaten yet, and my stomach growls. But I don't want to eat. I don't want to do anything. I just want to rest.

But the red clouds and blood like rain that pours outside doesn't do me any good.

I sigh, looking out and down below. I can't see the ocean at all. But it's not like I want to. The strong waves would make me nauseous.

Just when I'm about to close my eyes I see something flash in the clouds.

For a second I think it's just lightning, but when I glance over I flinch so hard my cup falls, water dripping all over my pants.

My mother wakes up suddenly, grimacing at the mess I made.

"Dude, Red are you kidding me?"

But I can't answer.

My legs shake and the image is gone before I know it.

It's the monster again. The red eyed monster that I saw in school.

Let's just say I'm not tired anymore.