Chapter 7

"Come on man! We have to go faster!" My mother yells, tugging on my arm harder as we walk through the humid airport.

Everything is going to fast. Hours ago I was in my home... Now I'm millions of miles away from it.

"Mom, where are we going?!" I ask, running to catch up with her.

She doesn't respond as we exit the airport, running along the dirt like roads.

Dust fills my eyes, and I cough. Everything looks extremely evil with my red eye sight, and I don't really like it... When did I ever?

"I called a car ride over to the brink of Sap my Pap Forest. Looks like there's a small village right next to it," she responds, stopping at a cross walk.

I squint my eyes in the hot summer day.

"Where is it?"

"Should be here any minute."

She takes out her phone, turning it on to see she barely has any reception.

She frowns, shutting it back off, and tucking it back in her pocket.

"No bars. Barely. We can't get separated you hear me?"

I glare at her. I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself. She sighs, lightly grabbing my face.

"Dude, I don't want to loose you."

I hesitate, before nodding. I don't want to loose her either.

Soon it grows dark, and a dirty beat up van finally stops in front of us.

"Are you Miss... Er... Caroline?" The driver asks, rolling down his window.

My mother nods, stepping in closer. The man is young. Probably in his early 20's, with black curly hair and dark skin.

"Yes, are you going to be driving us to the forest?" My mother asks and the man shakes his head.

"I'll be taking you to the village that's just in front of it."

My mother nods again.

"But I do warn you, that village is something strange, I wouldn't go near it," the man continues and my mother glances at me.

We share a look before she turns her attention back at the driver.

"Of course. But you have to take us there, it's important."

"Can I ask you why you decided to come here?"

"Um... To see uh, family. My grandmother lives in one of the homes," my mother lies, shifting her bag on her back.

The conversation drowns itself as I glance at the logo on the vans side.

The drive of your dreams
The drive of the night?

I have to contain myself from laughing. What type of logo is that?

Well... That's before the lettering starts to move around. I squint my eyes, watching as the letters flip, disappear and change places. What the heck?

Soon the words stop, and I lightly take a breath in. This isn't good...

The lettering makes some kind of warning. A warning that sends shivers down my spine yet again.

The drive of your nightmares
The drive of the fight?

I gulp and my mother snaps her fingers in my face.

"Dude you zoned out again."

I flinch, looking up at the man who tilts his head.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask and the driver smiles.

"I asked for your name."

"Oh it's... Reed," I reply giving him a forced smile back.

He nods and faces the front.

"Well again, I'm sorry I'm so late. You guys can hop in the back, and we'll be on our way to your destination."

My mother slides the van door open as the driver gets out of his seat to help us with our bags.

I buckle myself in, sighing.

This is going to turn out badly.