The Part Where I do the Thing, Again 18.

Harley~

I woke up in the same hospital room as before, dark, dreary, depression as fuck. It made me wish for the dusty corners and junk filled rooms of Bobby's house. I was still really mad at Dean but what was he thinking, telling me like that? He's lucky I could barely move or he would've gotten a punch in the mouth. I was starting to feel the pain so I turned over to the morphine button and Cas was sitting in the swivel chair.

"Heya Cas, how's it hanging?" I said a little dopey from turning up the morphine.

"Hello, I have come to see how you are feeling."

"Well, that's very kind of you Cas. But that's not the only reason you are here is it?"

"No sadly, not the only reason. I'm here to see if you gathered any useful information on Vetis?"

"No Cas, but I'm curious. She told me we were in hell, but I'm here now. Did you rescue me?"

"No Harley, your father rescued you. You were not in hell, if you were it would've been much worse."

"How much worse can you get, I can barely move without wanting to overdose on my morphine."

"Think of that times twenty," Cas said standing from the swivel chair and walking toward the door.

"Cas you don't have to leave," I said feeling a bit lonely.

"I promised I'd tell your father when you woke up," Cas said.

"You tell him I don't want to see him, Cas he knew about me and he still was never there," I said with obvious distress in my voice.

"I said I'd tell Dean, I never said he would be welcomed in here. Nevertheless he is your father and he can come and visit you whenever he wants," Cas said warily.

"Thanks Cas," I said as I passed out from the drugs.

_______________

Next thing I remember was Sam walking in with a jumbo Red Eye. He was carrying a book in the other hand. He sat in the swivel chair next to my hospital bed. I turned over to him and this time the pain was less.

"Hey bud, if we aren't careful you'll turn into a morphine addict," Sam said looking up at me.

"This sucks, I hate hospitals. Always smells weird," I said kind of to myself.

"Yeah, but it beats dying. You'll be out of here soon," Sam said taking a sip of his coffee.

"What book do you have there?" I asked desperate for good entertainment.

"I have the Lord of the Rings, you want me to read it to you?" Sam asked and it was as if he read my mind.

"Dear lord, Yes! If I have to watch another infomercial about space goo I'll gouge my eyeballs out and use them as marbles."

"Okay then, let's get to it," Sam said opening the book to the first page and reading aloud. For once I felt like a normal family. My mom would have read to me or my brother if we were in the hospital. She would do anything to speed up my recovery or get me out of the hospital as fast as she could. She hated hospitals too.

"Hey Sammy, can you take a walk? I gotta talk to Harley," Dean said walking in.

Sam looked at me then to Dean and said," sure."

Dean took a seat in the same chair Sam was in and scooted it closer to me. He seemed nervous about what he was about to say but I could tell he was going to say it any way.

"I know you're mad at me, and you have a right to be. I would be too, but I did it for you and your mother. I didn't want you to have this life and I didn't want your mother to have this life either. And I know she didn't want it for you either. I did it because I love you, and it would've been better if you had never met me. I'm sorry, but if I had the chance to do it again I don't think I could because I missed all the important stuff. I've barely gotten to know you and we been doing this father daughter thing for like two years now. I still don't have it down. I just want you to forgive me," Dean said.

"Dad, I just wish you would tell me the truth more often," I said.

"I promise," Dean said.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I said.

__________________________

"Hey Dean, am I allowed to go home now? I'm seriously having a major craving for a burger," I said as I swallowed saliva from my mouth. A burger sounded really good.

"Yeah, you can go now. I brought you some clothes," Dean said laying random articles of clothing on my hospital bed.

"Thank God! I getting ready kill my nurse who clearly hates me," I said.

"How do you know she hates you?" Dean asked.

"She does, just trust me, Now will you get out? I have to change," I said.

"Okay, tell me when you're ready," Dean said walking out.

As Dean and I walked toward the car I asked, "Is there a case? I having a major craving for one of those two."

"Yeah, cult like murders just outside of Houston, Texas. Maybe something, maybe some weirdo in a mask?" Dean said tossing me the paper with the article.

"Awesome! Things are lookin' up," I said to Dean.

"You only just walked out of the hospital? How can you get so excited so fast?"

"I don't know, maybe cause I'm out of the horrible place," I said sort of quietly.

"You won't have to go back, unless you do something stupid again."

"I'll try not to," I said.

"Time to go take down some evil bitches," Dean said turning up the Metalica and pressing the gas.