Back in Black 4.

Harley ~

after we took on alpha shifter at the Campbell's house Dean went home to Lisa and Ben as is expected, I just hoped that maybe he would come back and hunt with us but it was a silly hope. Dean always wanted a normal life with a normal wife and a normal kid, I just wasn't equipped for that. I'm glad Dean's happy with his new family, I just hope I never have to talk to him again. And then he calls.

"Hey, Dean, what's up?" I asked as politely as possible. This last hunt really took a toll on our relationship. We fought the whole time in the physical sense of the word and the verbal, all we did besides try and stop a shifter was fight.

"I just wanted to ask you when's your next hunt?"

"We haven't found a job yet, we just finished this one," I said.

"Well, count me in on the next one because I'm back in the game," he said and I could tell there was a smile on his face.

"That's great, did something happen between you and Lisa?" I asked because that would be the only logical thing.

"What? No, we're okay, she just know how much I miss the job," he said.

"I'm glad, so are you coming up or are you staying there until we find a new hunt?" I asked.

"I'm coming up there now to share the news," he said.

"That's great," I said.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked suddenly sounding serious.

"Nothing, I'm good," I said with my 'I'm hiding something voice'.

"You want to try that again?" Dean said.

"It's just I thought I wasn't going to see you again after this hunt and this kind of surprised me that you're trying to make it work with Lisa and still hunt," I said.

"So you're not happy I'm back in the game?" Dean asked.

"No, I just thought you were finished, and I thought we were done," I said.

"Harley, I'm your father, I'll always be there," he said.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a little kid. I'm not Harley Braes anymore, I'm Harley Winchester now, and she's a lot different. I'm not the scared thirteen year-old you found in some run down diner, I'm a hunter that can take care of myself so don't come because you feel like you have to," I said angrily.

"Does every conversation we have to turn into a fight? Can't we be happy for once?" Dean asked.

"Dean, that's not how this world works. I would love to just have a nice moment but those don't exist, this is the real world," I said and I hung up. I felt bad for hanging up on him like that but I had nothing else to say and I really didn't want to hear what he wanted to say. Some times it's like there's no escape to anything other than quitting. I figured Sam and the Campbell's would be happy about Dean's choice to get back in the game so I went down stairs to tell Sam or Samuel, whichever one came first. Turns out it was Sam.

"Yo, Sam!" I half yelled trying to catch up to his long strides.

"Harley, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, Dean  just called me and told me he's coming back to hunt, that's all," I said.

"That's great we always need another hunter around," Sam said and I was surprised he wasn't more excited. I thought nothing of it and went back to my room until they called diner.

___________________

Dean ~

"How was the talk?" Lisa asked me after I went back into the house.