What was What? 9.

We arrived at Lincoln hours later and I hopped out of the impala to stretch my legs. Dean got out and asked me to check us in. I walked in the office and a kid was standing at the desk. I walked up to him and said, "Hey, two queens and a cot please."

"Do you mean two queens?" He asked confused looking at the Dean and Sam standing by the impala.

"Dude no, they're brothers," I said.

"Okay," he said in a condescending voice.

"Just give me the damn key," I said.

"Here it is, your cot will be there in a bit, thank you for your service," He said and turned around to file some papers. I just went back outside to Sam and Dean.

"How'd it go?" Dean asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it," I said, they both just gave me a weird look and continued."So what are we up against?"

"This time the monsters are integrating, we have a Windigo on the loose," Dean said.

"I never heard of one this far East, are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah dean, that's a little far fetched even for us," Sam added.

"Look the signs are all there, if it's not a Windigo I don't know what it is," Dean said.

"What'd you find?" Sam and I said together.

"Campers going missing, supposed 'bear attacks', and a whole lotta blood," Dean replied.

"Where are we starting?" Sam asked.

"You and I are going to pose as rangers and Harley," he looked at me, "will dig up all the dirt she can get, and maybe get some food," Dean said.

"Dean come on," I pleaded.

"You look to young to be a ranger and we still don't know if it's a Windigo or not," He said giving a bunch of papers he had in his hand, and a small leather book.

I picked the book up and looked at it and asked, "Hey Dean, what's this, I haven't seen it before?"

"It's our dad's journal, don't loose it. It's the best fast lore you can get," Dean said.

"Okay," I said.

"Where's the key, we go look the part," Dean said. We grabbed our bags and went to room 29. I dropped my bag and got my laptop out as fast as possible. Sam and Dean changed into their ranger get up. After they were both changed the kid from the front desk came in with the cot just in time to see them in their matching costumes.

"If you don't need the cot I can take it back," the kid said.

"Leave the damn cot," I said. Sam and Dean seemed confused.

"He's my brother," Sam said.

"Okay," he said unconvinced, he dropped the cot off and left. Sam and Dean grabbed their duffel and headed out to go get some answers while I was stuck here reading my eyeballs out. After about two hours the I heard a knock on the door I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my gun because Sam and Dean had a key so they wouldn't have to knock.

I opened the door and the boy from the front desk was there, "Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said cautiously.

"You don't have to be scared of me," He said.

"I'm not scared," I said my gun ready behind the door. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"Well I thought you might .... maybe want to.... go on a date some time?" He asked and right then I saw Dean standing right behind him. I just smiled.