Chapter Three

Mist was already in Wizards room waiting for Venom. She was seated on the single bed her legs dangling over the edge. Out of all the twelves room, Wizards was the only one that was different. His room was full of electronics. His desk was covered in computer monitors, his floor had cords and computer drives. Wizard was the only one of the twelve who never left the compound to go on his assignments. His assignments involved him sitting in front of a computer screen. His gift was having control over electronic devices, mainly computers and cameras. If it is hooked to the net, he could reach it from the connection of his computers. He could make his mind enter the computers and travel anywhere within the web. Most of the time he didn't need to though, like now to help Venom he would use the normal way of searching for information. Wizard only ever entered the web with his mind when he really needed to. He had admitted to Venom once that he was afraid that he would forget about his body one day when his mind is in the web and be lost forever.

'Hey Wizard, how's it going?' James asked walking over and slapping him on the back throwing poor Wizard forward in his seat.

'I'm fine James, how are you?' Wizard didn't take his eyes off the computer screen as he typed on his keyboard. He wasn't a very big boy, spending so much time in his room he often forgot to eat. He always looked malnourished and underweight. Maker had threatened to disconnect all his devices if he didn't start eating and taking care of himself, only allowing him access when Maker needed him. Venom didn't think the threat has helped Wizard, there seemed to be no change.

'I'm good Wiz, real good.' James walked over and sat beside Mist on the bed. Venom nodded her head at her as she walked over to Wizards desk. 'I need some information for an assignment, do you have time now or should I come back?' she asked him. He stopped clacking away on his keyboard and turned to look at her his blonde hair was longer than the last time she saw him, his fringe almost covered his blue eyes. She scuffed the hair from his eyes, careful not to scratch him as she did and said. 'You need a haircut Wizard, I wish you would look after yourself.' His pale white skin coloured as he blushed at her comment.

'What information do you need?' he asked her turning back to his keyboard.

Venom wanted to kick herself for embarrassing him, he was all the adept with talking to people other than questions relating missions. But he would sometimes talk to Venom, but only when he felt comfortable enough to do so. She hated that he was always locked away in his room, and wished that maker would start sending him out in the field like he use to when they were kids and learning to use their abilities. Pushing her emotion back Venom focused on the now and told him what she wanted to know. 'I am being sent to Brighton for a long term assignment. I will be staying with a May Turner, she is to be my Aunt. What can you tell me about her? Also my Mark A Mr John Summerland, the file didn't have much on him so if you could find more on him, and his son Jack Summerland that could be useful to my mission, I would really appreciate it.' Venom looked over at Mist, who would have read the file by now. 'Is there anything you want to add?'

'No.' Mist answered softly 'You covered everything.'

'Two hours.' Wizard said not turning away from the computer screen as he typed on his keyboard.

Venom looked to James and Mist, they had two hours of time to burn. 'Maybe you should go and speak to Maker?' She asked looking at James.

'Right' he said standing.

'Did you want me to come with you?'

'No' he said with a shake of his head. 'It's best if I go alone.'

She nodded agreeing with him. Maker didn't like weakness, and her going with him would be seen just as that. A weakness. The three of them walked out of Wizards room, James stopped just outside of his door waiting for Venom. 'I will do whatever I can to get on this assignment with you.'