Chapter Sixteen

Venom didn't have a clue what to wear on her date with Jack. She didn't know what exactly they would be doing, if there were just going to be driving around the town, while he lists off places. That kind of date wouldn't need her to wear more than Jeans and, a shirt. He could have something in specific planned for them. Something that would require her dressing nice. She decided to dress for both possibilities. She wore her nicest pair of blue jeans with a silk V-neck sleeveless blouse, she brought this shirt because the colour was close to the colour of her nails They saleswomen had called it Electric Indigo.

When she left her room, she was surprised to find Shadow standing there. She thought he would keep his distance from her. She had hoped he would. He knew about James and didn't tell her. She was sick of the lies, and the confusion she felt when he was around. Sometimes she thought maybe he liked her. That he wasn't there to hurt her. Then there were times she thought he was out to destroy her.

'What do you want Shadow?'

'I think I should follow you and that boy today, just in case something goes wrong.'

She sighed. 'I don't need a babysitter.'

'I know, but what if he is in on it?'

She snorted. 'I don't think so. Jack is a nice guy; he wouldn't try to hurt me.'

'It's just.' He started to say then stopped. He cursed under his breath. 'Look I just think it's better to be safe than sorry, he won't know I'm following you both.'

'No.' she said turning and walking away from him.

'Venom will you just listen to me.'

'No.' she turned back around and faced him. 'I have to go on this Date instead of driving back to the compound because Maker told me too, that doesn't mean I have to listen to you,'

'Venom.'

'You knew he was missing, and didn't tell me. You knew I was worried about him, and wanted to know.'

'I knew you would be upset.' He said cutting him off

'Of course I'm upset he is my friend!'

'Yes, and I didn't want you going into that facility last night with you mind not on the job.' She scoffed. 'I'm telling the truth, I know how much he means to you and, that you would be worried. So worried that your mind would be focused on him and not the possible danger you could be walking into.'

She shook her head at him. 'Whatever makes you feel better. Jack will be here soon. I need to go wait for him.' With that said she turned and walked away from him. Why couldn't he just leave her alone. Didn't she have enough to worry about. She didn't even know how she would manage this date with Jack. For a moment while in her room getting dresses she allowed herself to forget about James and focus on her job. Seeing Shadow was a reminded of all that was bad in her life.

Jack was late when he arrived to pick her up for their date. At twelve Venom sat by the front window, waiting for his car to pull up out front. By twelve thirty she started worrying that something had happened to him. She sent him a message, but didn't get a reply. At one o'clock his car finally pulled up out front. She watched him as he sat in there for a few moments before getting out and walking towards the front door. She was about to move away from the window to answer the door, when she noticed a black SUV pull up behind Jack's car. She couldn't see inside the SUV. The widows were tinted black. She frowned, moving away from the window she walked to the front door, and opening it.

'Hi.' She said.

'Hey.' He said shuffling his feet. 'Are you ready to go?'

'You don't want to come in?' She asked.