Chapter Fifteen

Venom woke and found herself in her bed at May's house. It was dark out, and the only light in the room was from the small lamp on the table between Mist and her bed. Her stomach felt like it was a volcano waiting to erupt. Slowly she turned her head to look at Mist bed and saw that Shadow was as asleep in Mist bed. She frowned wondering where Mist was. Her stomach decided it was time to explode. She jumped out of bed, and fell to the floor when her legs didn't hold her up. May's carpet was christened by her vomit as she couldn't hold it in. A bucket appeared in front of her and she continued to empty her stomachs contents into it. Shadow picked her, and the bucket up and carried her to the bathroom. He sat her in front of the toilet, taking the bucket from her and walking out of the room. He eventually returned with a glass of water and sat it down beside her. He then walked over to the shower and turned it on. When she finished throwing up she picked up the glass of water and used it to rinse out her mouth. 'Feeling better?'

'I think so.' She said her voice hoarse.

'Good.' Was all he said before scooping her up in her arms.

'You must really enjoy carrying me around.' She said, her head hurt, and she felt dizzy. Shadow carried her into the water of the shower. 'What the hell!' she cried out when the cold water hit her. He sat her down on the floor of the shower, then stood and adjusted the knobs so the water turned warm.

'It seems to me that you like being carried by me, since you are always getting into situations where I have to do it.'

She looked down at her now soaked clothes. 'Did you really need to put me in the shower with my clothes on?'

'Would you have preferred I undressed you first?'

'Ah, no. Clothes are good.'

'I thought so.' He took a step back. 'I will send Mist in with some clothes, and to make sure you don't drown yourself.

'Thanks.' She grumbled. He turned and walked out of the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

It had taken her a while to peel her wet clothes off, while still in the shower. Mist came in with her clothes, and left them sitting on the basin. 'Do you want some help?'

'Yeah, get me some scissors.'

'Seriously?'

Venom looked at her. Her shirt was over hear, she couldn't get her arms out, she was stuck. She didn't even want to imagine how much trouble her jeans were going to be to get off. 'Yes Mist seriously.'

'Ok.' She turned and scurried out of the room, Venom swore she was trying to hold back a laugh.

After her traumatic experience in the shower, Venom was finally dressed, and back in her bedroom. Mist sat on her bed with her, while Shadow sat on Mist. 'What happened?' Venom ask. 'How did they know I was going to be there. And they did know, they didn't have normal guns but dart guns filled with the same drug that was used on me at the strip club.'

'I don't know.' Shadow said. 'But your target wasn't anywhere to be found in the building, I searched the place twice.'

'Could it have been a fluke?' She asked. 'That those men were there, maybe trying out the dart guns when I walked into the room, and shot me.' She realised how silly she sounded but she just couldn't understand how they knew who she was, and they knew she would be there.'

'I don't know, as soon as the sun comes up I will call Maker and see what he wants us to do.'

Venom groaned. 'Do I still go out with Jack today?'

'Wait and see what Maker says, my guess if he keeps you on the mission he will want you to go out with him.'

She sat up straighter. 'Wait what do you mean if he still wants me on the mission?'