33: Make Our Mark

Sierra's P.O.V.

     It did bother me. It bothered me a lot more than I wanted anyone to know. I thought it would of been us. Bethany is pregnant. Krissy and Walter are engaged. Jake and I are just broken. I didn't know how to react when he kissed me out of no where. I kind of just went fuzzy. I grasped on to him and I really just didn't want to let go. Despite my pep talk to the graduates, I didn't know if I was ready to let all of this go. I'm going to Boston. Jake is going upstate. Hope is going to NYU. Bethany is staying here. Krissy and Walter are going to Florida. Heaven is going to California. Jade is head set for Nevada. Josh is going to continue with construction around the state. Siana and Traya are going to Washington. All of us are separating. It's just so weird.

     My baby sister runs up to me, Addison is eight and I haven't seen her, Garrison, or Killian is months. I lift Addison into my arms and kiss her hair. "Hey baby girl. Jesus you're getting heavy." I act like I'm going to drop her and she giggles. Even for an eight year old, she's still my little princess.

     Garrison wraps his long arms around me. Even though I'm two years older than him, he towers over me like a very, very skinny giant. I put Addison down and pull him under my arm, ruffling his blonde hair. "Hey twerp." He laughs and pushes me away, trying to fix your hair.

     "Your getting old you weirdo!" I roll my eyes and shove him, Addison puts her hands on her hips.

     "Sissy is not old, so don't be a meanie or I'll beat you up." I chuckle as Garrison surrenders, Addison goes to clinging to my leg. I look behind Garrison and spot Killian, hiding behind his phone. I step over and wave my hand in his face. He looks up at me after sending a text message and his brown hair falls over his eyes. Only one out of all my father'a biological kids with natural brown hair. He smiles at me, his little thirteen year old body pulling me into a hug.

      "Sup squirt. Texting your girlfriend? Hmm?" He blushes crimson and clings to me a little longer before pushing me away, his face a deep, embarrassed red.

     "Shut up!" He whines, I shake my head and kiss his head. Garrison places his hand on my back with a sad smile on his face.

     "Mom said we couldn't stay long after the ceremony, so we are going soon. I know this is probably the last time we see you for a while so I just want to tell you I'm proud of you and I love you, and I'll stalk you down if you don't stay in touch." I smile and give them all a hug. Killian huffs something that sounds like "me too." Or "I love you." I try not to cry as I kiss all the kids before they hesitantly leave. I refuse to cry in front of them. I always have.

     Jake hugs me from behind and I turn around to bury my head in his shoulder as he rubs my back. "Those kids are going to grow up without me." I sob. He takes a slow breath and kisses my head.

     "If you didn't notice, they are all pretty grown up already. They aren't going to forget or stop loving you Sia." I nod and wipe my eyes as I see my step sister Harley walking to me, her brown hair cut into a bob and her make-up done perfectly. She smiles at me and gives me an awkward hug.

     "You did great. I'm so glad I made it in time." She barely acknowledge Jake, and dear God I hope she doesn't run into Hayden. She hates, literally, all of my exes.

     We are a couple months apart, but she graduated last year. She looks completely remodeled. It's scary. Even her words have a small accent shifted into it. "How is Athens?" I ask. She smiles and stands awkwardly in her black and red dress.

    "I love it there. I almost don't want to travel anymore, and just stay there forever." I smile and hug her again. "When are you heading to Boston?"

     "Within the next couple weeks probably. Maybe even days, I'm not sure. I'm already packed, I just don't know if I'm ready yet."

     She touches my cheek and offers me a reassuring smile. "You are. I know you are. It's time to rip life out by it's roots my sister. Go make a statement with your words and don't be a fucking stranger or I'll cut you, you whore." I laugh and nudge her shoulder.

     "I love you, Sis."

     "Ugh, the L word." I pout at her and she rolls her eyes at me. "You're a fucking tool. I love you too bitch. Don't kill nobody in Boston." And she leaves, because my sister doesn't stay in one place.

     I talk to my cousins and my big brother, and eventually I find myself in Hayden's arm. "I'm going to miss you so much." She cries. I cry too, not really wanting to let go. She and Jake would always be those people for me. That has been made obvious.

     After the place starts clearing out, Jake grabs all of our friends' attention.

     "Hey! So all of you are going to follow me to a special place, and we are going to do something worth doing before anyone dares to leave. Deal?" Everyone agrees. We all drive for about fifteen minutes before we pull up to a huge, old abandoned barn, but my jaw drops when I see the sunset painted on the side. It was the single most beautiful thing I have ever seen. We all jumped out of the car. And did exactly what Jake told us to. We left our mark.

______~|~
Vote. Comment. Tell me what you think. I'm haven't slept, so you better fucking love these couple chapters. LOVE YOU MY DARKLINGS!!