Recollection

Everything in life was starting to look up. I guess I never realized that Nicole was the only reason my bills were paid. This thought came upon me when she brought up that I should be getting a job.

"Babe?" Her voice broke me of my thoughts.

"Yeah, what?"

"You have that look on your face." She said smiling.

"I have a look?" I laughed.

She smiled and nodded and continued going throw the local paper for jobs.

"Burger King is up for hire."

"I said no fast food, baby girl." I said smirking.

"You heard that?" Nicole asked, her face getting red.

"Well you practically screamed it." I whispered.

She hit my arm, which really hurt. "Should we go over some of the things you say?"

My face turned slightly red. "What about (in which she was mocking me) "NICOLE PLEASE, HARDER"

I tackled her to the floor in a fit of laughter. I fell on top of her and paused as we stared at each other, not waiting a second to kiss her. I pulled away.

She drew a finger towards me, telling me to come close. I expected something sweet to be whispered in my ear, until she said, "I found an application as a secretary in an office, can you get off 0f it."

I smiled and climbed off of her, letting my hand out to pull her up, of course kissing her again.

"Alright, I'll guess I'll be a minimum wage low life."

Nicole laughed and started collecting the different newspapers we found.

"Nicole, what if you moved in with me."

She looked up at me, seeming shocked. "Wait, what."

"Well, you haven't been home for the last few days, you practically live her."

She smiled. "Yeah, but we JUST started dating."

I pulled her close to me. "Yeah, but I've known you my whole life and know damn well I want the rest of it to be with you."

Her faced turned blood red with a smile. "Yeah...lets do it."

I kissed her again, more passionate then ever. She dropped the papers in her hand and wrapped her arms around me.

"How about we..." I picked her up and sat her on the table. "Go out to eat and buy a new table after this?" I started kissing her neck.

"Sounds amazing." She paused. "Maybe we shouldn't do it on the table because-"

I cut her off with a kiss.
____________________

I woke up feeling sick, it had to be early in the morning. Out of habit. I grabbed my phone and normally had a good reaction to The notifications that surrounded it. When I clicked the button to bring up the screen, I shocked to see Missed Call: Mom.
My heart sped up. The last time I seen my mother was at my fathers funeral. That was after I came out to her. She wasn't happy to here the news, and abruptly kicked me out. I could still hear her yelling, You'd think after everything I taught you that you would grow into something.
Her anger still left knots in my stomach. I felt the bed move. I wanted to hide this problem, delete the notification hell, get a new phone number. But, the frozen feeling in my body left me staring at my phone. Nicole leaned over and kissed my neck and groped my side. She paused as she caught a glimpse of the screen.

"Your mom called?"

I didn't say anything, my throat was dry. "Uh, what should I do."

"Call back."

I paused. I stared at the phone, then to Nicole, creating a pattern. Until, I felt pressure in my hands and I seen that Nicole took care of the calling part. I glared at her and realized I could just hang up. For some reason, I put it to my ear.

With the sound of dialing a voice that made my eyes water spoke into the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, mom." I said briskly. I sat up and swung my legs on the side of the bed, wrapping a blanket around my bare body as Nicole joined to my side.

"How have you been...dear?" Her voice wasn't bitter, but normal as if you were talking to the great aunt you've never met.

"Alright...I suppose."

"And how's Monica?"

I looked over at Nicole who apparently heard it. "Ended it...."

"Oh, seeing, perhaps anyone else?"

"Yeah." I smiled at Nicole who smiled back.

"I see...." Her voice sounded surprised.

"Uh, is there a reason for calling me?" I said, probably sounding rude.

"Well, maybe you could come by? I guess I realized my ignorance, with the shooting. Thinking about those poor mothers, I'd think I go insane." My mother said.

The words touched me. "Um, of course. Later today maybe?"

I heard joy in her voice. "Sounds good, bring this person you're seeing?"

"Will do..." It was silent. "Well, goodbye then."

"Goodbye dear."

I put down the phone and turned to Nicole smiling. "Want to meet my mom?"

Nicole laughed. "Already have...but, I'm happy for you. Things are turning brighter."

"They sure are."