one

harry wakes up at seven the next morning, unable to breathe.

he wakes up in a panic, swatting at his face, only to feel a sharp pain in his cheek as lou dug his claws into his skin. "ouch!"

"stop, stop!"

that's right. it's louis, that tiny cat boy he found yesterday. he must have crawled onto him at some point in time.

"sorry." harry scoops him up in both his hands. "did you sleep alright? was my face comfy?" he jokes.

"yes. very warm." louis says, completely serious. "smells good too."

he's silent for a moment, just watching harry. "name?"

"my name?" harry points to himself. "my name is harry. harry styles."

"harry." louis echoes, and harry's heart melts. his voice is quiet, high-pitched, and a bit raspy. it's very cute. fits him quite well, harry thinks.

"harry. hungry, harry." louis says suddenly, bouncing up and down in harry's hands. "hungry, hungry!"

"okay!" harry says quickly, attempting to calm him. "let's go to the kitchen, i'll see what i have."

louis scrambles onto harry's shoulder, his tail wagging. "yay! food!"

harry laughs a bit. "i know, i know. let's look." he says, walking into the pantry. he set louis on a shelf, scanning the cans of food he had.

"tell me if you see anything good." harry says, patting the boy's tiny head.

louis lets out a loud squeal, scratching at a small can. "fish! fish! fishies, harry!" he says, running across the shelf to harry's arm. "louis found fishies!"

harry picks up the can of tuna, nodding. "yep. fishies. want this?"

"yes! louis wants!" he claps, climbing up harry's arm in the most painful way.

"ouch!" harry yelps, grabbing him by the waist and pulling lou's claws out of his skin, putting the little kitty in his shirt pocket.

"sorry, harry." louis says, frowning, until harry bops his nose with his finger. "it's okay. you just scratched me. it hurt a bit."

he then walks into the kitchen, opening the can of tuna while louis drools in his pocket, purring loudly.

harry puts half of the can on a plate, then puts half of that back, not sure how much the little thing would eat.

louis scratches at harry's shirt, whining. "harry! fishy, please!"

"okay, impatient much?" harry teases, poking him again, before taking him out of his pocket and putting him on the table.

louis runs onto the plate, his mouth wide open. he nibbles at the fish, eating it with a loud slurping noise.

"mm! so good! louis loves!" he says, quite pleased. harry smiles at how cute he looks, his face covered in fish and his tail wagging.

" 'm glad you like it, lou." he says, watching him, leaning his head on his hand.

soon louis has eaten the whole plate, a big sleepy smile on his face. "full. need sleeps, harry."

harry nods. "c'mere." louis obliges, climbing into his palm.

harry takes him back to his room, putting the half-asleep kitten in the shoebox, tucking him in with the tissues again. he gave him a little scratch behind the ear before leaving the room to get a few things done.

he felt like louis would be sticking around for quite a while.