two

harry has owned cats before. in fact, his favorite animal is a cat. as a child, he had over 20 cats - you could say he was an expert on them.

but louis was a different story. 

the tiny little thing was half-human, so it was kind of expected, but he found it so odd. 

louis had a scruffy little face, and shaggy hair ; harry sort of expected him to be the leisurely type at a glance. which he was, he slept a lot, but like.. he wasn't laid back, like some cats he'd had as a kid, the cats the would put up with anything you did to them and just purr constantly.

louis was snippy, and sassy,

it's currently 9 am, and harry is lying in bed, thinking these thoughts, bored and half asleep.

but he bolts awake immediately when he feels a sharp pain in his foot. his eyes fly open as he grabs at his leg, shocked and mildly upset.

louis is gnawing at his toes like they're food, evil little thing. everyone's heard of ankle-biter, but louis, cheeky little demon, louis was a toe-biter

harry grabs him by the back of the shirt, lifting him up as he lies back down. "louis, what is your problem?"

"louis is hungry!" he snaps, swinging his microscopic little fists. "feed! feeeeed!"

harry glares at him. "go get food yourself."

louis makes a noise of complaint. "louis can't walk downstairs!" he yells, kicking.

harry yawns bitterly. "say please, and we'll get you some food."

"please!" louis yells, and harry takes it. close as he'll get, he figures.

they go downstairs, and harry fixes them a big bowl of cheerios to share.

louis sits at the edge of his bowl, dipping his tiny paws in the milk to grab a piece of cereal. harry holds in a laugh as he notices that louis' size makes his cheerios look like donuts. it's cute.

louis eats three cheerios, and nearly falls into the bowl of milk trying to drink it (harry ends up holding out a spoonful for him), and then decides he's tired and passes out under a paper towel.

harry picks him up, carrying the tiny, tiny kitten upstairs, putting him on the pillow beside him before going back to bed for a bit longer.