four

[ this was written by KaelynRowanLawrence!! many thanks, dear!x ]

harry watches on as louis keeps gnawing on the jerky, liam still at his side. he giggles at louis in his head, turning to liam.

"i wonder how he was, you know, made. maybe magic does exist!" harry had believed in magic his whole life, his family and liam always calling him a dork in his later years, especially gemma, his sister.

"after seeing this, i don't even doubt you anymore, mate. maybe so, maybe not." liam says, still confused on how the little purring thing exists.

harry pets the little kitten's soft, tiny brown ears, causing louis to purr even louder and cease his feasting to lean into harry's gentle touch.

"louis likes petting! more!" louis squeaks, a little toothy smile making his face appear to beam with happiness. liam chuckles, joining in on petting the five-inch-tall itty-bitty kitty.

"hey li? do you think you could get me a doll or two with clothes that would fit him? i feel bad that he has to wear this little blue rag." harry asks, and liam nods.

"i'll be back soon, kitty." he says, seeing louis latch onto him, and hearing him protest. louis frowns, accepting his answer and going back to his, now considerably smaller, jerky strip.

liam takes his leave, and harry scoops up the sad kitten. "liam will be back soon, little one." harry says comfortingly, placing the kitten against his cheek to nuzzle against him.

louis laughs and licks harry's soft, pale cheek, making harry giggle at the weird, scratchy feeling of louis' teeny pink tongue.

harry pulled louis away, putting him in his shirt pocket. "warm..." louis squeaks, burrowing down into the pocket. harry giggles at him yet again.

liam comes back about ten minutes later, bearing a few small figurines and dolls. harry helps louis get dressed in one of the tiny striped tees and a pair of tiny jeans, poking a hole with a kebob skewer for his tiny tail.

"louis love! thank you, liam!" harry and liam watch the kitten dance around harry's coffee table for a few minutes, smiling and giggling and the little being's cute antics.

"you're welcome, kitty cat." liam leaves harry with the rest of the jerky for louis, and then heads off to work. louis is sad to see him go, but is reassured by harry that he'll be back soon.

harry takes louis with him into his office so he can get some school work done. he sets louis up a little bed, and sits in front of his desktop. "time to get stuff done." he sighs.