seven

harry returns home around eight pm, tired from the long day of lectures he's had to sit through.

what he doesn't need is the giant mess he's greeted with.

the living room carpet is covered in ripped tissues. there's chunks of jerky everywhere. there's a broken cup on the kitchen floor, along with teeny tiny bloody footprints.

louis.

harry follows the trail of paw marks to the open bathroom, where he finds louis sleeping under the sink. as well as a yellow puddle by the toilet.

he cringes, grabbing the can of bleach wipes from the hall closet before going back into the kitchen. he sweeps up the shattered cup and throws it out. he wipes up the tiny footprints. he cleans up louis' bathroom mess.

he decides to vacuum the living room quickly, so he shuts the bathroom door, not wanting the tiny kitten to be startled.. or worse, get vacuumed up.

he makes quick work of the living room, going as quickly and quietly as he can.

he puts the vacuum away, then tiptoes into the bathroom to grab his first-aid kit. he cuts some gauze into tiny strips so he can use it on louis.. then gets a few cotton swabs and dips them in soapy water.

without moving the still sleeping kitten, he swabs at his tiny, injured paws. but as soon he does so, the boy springs up.

"ow!" he hisses, claws out and ears flat.

harry rolls his eyes. "louis, i know it probably hurts but i'm gonna need you to cooperate with me. you probably have glass stuck in your feet. i need to get it out, or it'll keep hurting."

louis just hisses again when harry tries to get near.

the man grabs his tweezers from his shaving kit, and pretends to ignore louis for a moment, allowing the boy to relax.

when he's not expecting it, harry grabs him by the waist, holding him firmly as he looks at his little feet.

"aha, there's tons of glass here! now stay still! i'm trying to help!"

harry pokes louis' forehead, making the kitten growl, but he goes lax. he hisses each time harry plucks a glass shard from his feet, but he is mostly compliant.

"okay, buddy. you're good to go. almost, well, here." harry sits him on the closed toilet seat. "don't move. we're gonna bandage you up so you don't get dirt in your boo-boos."

louis sulks, lying down on the plush toilet seat cover, with his feet propped up so harry can tend to them. harry wraps the tiny pieces of gauze around his feet, securing them with bits of tape.

as soon as harry gives the okay, louis scrambles into his pocket.

"listen," harry says. "i don't think i can leave you home alone if you're going to keep acting like you did today."

louis makes a noise of confusion, but harry shakes his head. "no, no, you know what you did. you made a proper mess, louis."

he grumbles, crossing his little arms.

"stop that.." harry feels a little guilty now. he's cute.

he thinks hard, wondering what he's supposed to do about lou's potty situation.

it suddenly occurs to him.

"i need to go shopping."

he's buying a dollhouse.