nine

harry walks into the living room to bring louis a bit of milk and some random bits of food like he does every morning before he goes off to school. 

however, this morning he found himself very peeved as he opened the dollhouse the teeny tiny kitten slept in. 

"louis!" he yells, flicking on the lights, making the boy bolt up out of his bed. 

"hey!" he stands, his tail raised threateningly. 

"hey nothing!" harry yells. "what is this!" he gestures to the bedroom, which is strewn in dirty clothes, empty bowls, and just looks awful. 

"and the bathroom!" that room is a mess too, the floor is soaked. "and the kitchen?!" the dishes are all unwashed and the counter is filthy.

harry glares at him. "i told you that you need to keep the house clean! you're ruining it!"

louis glares back. "louis not feel like it!"

"i'm..." harry takes a breath. "listen here, little man. i'm gonna clean it up for you one last time. and after that, if you don't keep it clean, you're getting kicked out. i'm not playing. i spent so much on it!"

louis' ears go flat and his shoulders sag. "ugh. fine, harry."

"now.." harry scoops all the wet towels from the bathroom into his hand. "clean up your room. i'll take care of the rest of the house."

louis stares at harry awkwardly, until they both nod, and harry bends down to start washing the tiny dishes in the kitchen.

he gets out a cotton swab and starts washing out the little plastic dishes carefully. after that, he gets out a wet wipe and scrubs everything down. he wipes up the bathroom with a paper towel, sticks all the tiny clothes in lou's tiny washer. 

he stands up after a bit to check on louis, and is pleased to see the room looks better. he has the garbage picked up, the clothes in the hamper, and the dishes were in his hands as he toddles down the stairs. 

"thank you, louis." harry praises him once he got to the kitchen and starts washing the dishes. "is there anything you want for dinner tonight?"

louis shrugs, not turning around from the sink. "sushi?"

"got ya." harry gently pats his head with a finger, smiling. "i'll be back later. be good."

"bye, haz." 

harry doesn't know why, but he finds himself blushing. he takes one last look at louis, staring hard. he swears louis just got taller, right before his eyes. 

maybe he was high, or really tired, or something. there's no way. 

he pushes the ridiculous notion out of his mind, heading off to school after closing the house.