twelve

sometime later, when louis is feeling much better, harry buys a ton of chicken strips and settles on the couch with him. louis is sitting calmly on the arm of the couch, a chicken strip in his lap. it barely comes up to his shoulders.

harry is a bit perturbed by this. he swears that at one point, louis was smaller than one of these. now he's twice the size.

anyways, he's devouring his chicken strip happily, eyes glued to the tv as he watches a commercial about fish. when it switches to one about cars, he drops his food and stands.

"harry! louis gotta go!" he yells, bouncing, his knees bent in.

"oh lord." harry sighs, picking him up and carefully escorting him to the dollhouse bathroom. "lemme know when you're through."

louis just glares, and harry shrugs, going back to the couch.

he's barely even sat when something on the tv makes him fall over.

"i.. i just miss him so much! i'd do anything to see my brother again!" it's the local news. there's a blond woman with big hoop earrings bawling her eyes out, but that's not what gets harry's attention.

it's the big picture of a rather attractive young man in the corner of the screen that strongly resembles louis. and right under it, it even says louis tomlinson, age 25.

harry can't even breathe as pictures of the blond girl and this louis tomlinson flash on screen.. he looks just like his lou, but normal sized? with no ears or tail. who is he?

harry jumps when he hears louis screech behind him.

"lottie!"

"louis!" harry picks him up, holding him up to the tv as the reporter talks about how he's been missing for over a month. "explain this! is that you!?"

louis is crying. "that louis! people lookin' for louis?" he looks up at harry,  panicking as a picture of louis holding a  fluffy cat with caramel colored fur.

harry eyeballs him accusingly. "louis! please explain! i feel like i'm about to be sent to scotland yard for the rest of my life, and i've not even done anything!"

louis sighs in defeat as the sports section comes on. "louis has no clue! really, harry!"

harry is quiet. "i'm sure you wanna go home and stuff.. but i can't let you. if anyone found you like this... you'd end up in a science lab, and i'd be in prison for no reason. doesn't sound good, does it?"

louis shakes his head, tearing up. "so... louis was normal? how.. how louis get like this?" he whimpers, pawing at his ears and looking at his teeny tiny feet. "don't understand."

"i have no clue." harry says honestly. "best we can do is google it.. and wait it out. i don't want us to get in trouble."

louis looks up at harry with a vulnerable expression. "louis trusts harry."

harry smiles a bit, brushing his hair back with a finger. "i won't let anything happen to you, lou. i'll keep you safe no matter what."