fourteen

(by @larrents_xx 💘)

harry wakes up to hair-tugging the next morning. he grumbles, batting at whatever it was.

that is, until a soft cry is heard and he opens his eyes. there, on his pillow, was louis.

red nose, crazed hair, and flushed cheeks. the boy clearly looked ill, and harry felt bad for pushing him over.

"i'm sorry, louis," he pouts softly and gently takes louis in his hands. "are you ill?"

"don't feel good," he wipes his eyes and lays in harry's palm. "make food, harry."

"now, now, now," harry tsked. "what do we say when we ask for favors?"

louis huffs, bratty when sick, and ignores him. harry raises an eyebrow, tapping the boy's bum with his index finger.

"louis." harry says with an expecting tone.

"fine!" the boy rubs his bum. "please make food? so hungry, and tired!"

"there you go," harry praises and pets louis' hair. "yes, i'll make a small bowl but you only get a spoon since you're tiny."

louis huffs, mumbling about how he was tall when he was human. some how, for some reason, harry seriously doubts that.

he makes the boy his soup, though, and holds in his coos when louis sips sips from the big spoon. his ears twitch in delight, tail swaying in a relaxing matter.

harry could tell he enjoyed this.

"thank you," louis says as he rubs his belly, burping and yawning. he raises his hands to harry, and the big man puts the tiny hybrid in his hoodie pouch. "ohhhh, this is cozy. sleepin' in here!"

harry laughs, not bothering to excuse the ill manners louis had, and goes to sit on the couch and watch tv. while doing so, his hand subconsciously finds its way into the pouch and his fingers are dancing over louis' hair.

louis must not mind it because harry hears soft, tiny snores coming from the pouch. he keeps a grin on his face, relaxed and happy.

today is starting off just right.

after his nap, louis begins to run a fever. harry couldnt take his temperature, he was too small to put the end in his mouth! so, harry trusts his instincts, plus the heat of louis' skin, and cuts a small part of a pill.

he fills a spoon with water, and louis reluctantly takes the medicine. he hates medicine.

"it will help you feel better, i promise," harry says and rubs louis' stomach. "i'll have you feeling better in no time!"

louis squeals and giggles before wrapping around harry's middle finger. he playfully nibbles on the tip, and harry laughs loudly.

"oh, you asked for it, now!" he uses his other finger to rub louis' side, tickling him.

"ahh!" louis swats at harry's pinky, growling before pouncing on it. his tail buffs, but sways in a joking manner. it was truly adorable.

all the while, harry thinks about louis' past. he had to start digging, and soon.

"louis," harry says. "do you know what college you went to?"

the boy pauses in his playing, truly thinking before shrugging.

"do you know where it is?" louis thinks again before nodding.

"central london," he answers confidently. "went for music!"

"is that so?" harry asks with a bit of shock. that was new. louis nods, though, and starts humming.

harry's beginning to notice that he has a short attention span when sick.

"this shit is bananas!" louis hops off harrys finger and begins to dance. "b-a-n-a-n-a-s!"

harry covers his mouth to stop laughing, and rolls his eyes. he should've expected this.

"come on," harry says. "i have to finish my show."

"stay here, and sing," louis huffs and crosses his arms. "stay!"

"hey," harry says firmly and moves to pat his bum. louis, however, screeches and runs. "thats a no-no."

louis grumbles his apology, and let's harry carry him out to the living room. there, harry lays down and puts louis on his chest.

that's how they stay the whole day, and it was perfect- even with louis being small.

harry can't help but wonder about what this would be like if louis was normal sized. would they be this close? would they find each other handsome, attactive?

he can't begin those thoughts, though, because many questions arent answered. who exactly is louis? would he be this way forever? would things change if he weren't?

harry didn't know, but hopefully he will have the answers soon.