sixteen

the next week is about as normal as it can be for harry. louis doesn't give him any new answers, nothing happens at school, no one comes to visit. it's just been a long week of him studying for tests and taking care of louis. 

till on friday, when he gets a message on his instagram, besides the usual girl or girl trying to chat him up.

lukeee__: hey, harry? you messaged me a while back about my friend louis.. i was wondering if you were free any time this weekend to meet up somewhere? so we can talk?

lukeee__: sorry if this is short-notice, i don't get a ton of free time so it'd have to be this weekend, message back soon, please

harry practically gasps when he reads the messages. while he was glad someone had finally agreed to meet up with him, he was unsure of what he should do. 

does he just meet up with luke and act like he knows nothing about louis? or .. should he show him everything? 

he believed luke had a right to know, he could tell he was still torn up over louis, as he should be. he posted about him at least once a day. he knew they probably had those thoughts in the back of their heads, that louis had been killed or gotten into some kind of trouble. meanwhile, he was just here with louis like nothing mattered. it didn't seem right to him.

he felt like he had to come forward with him.

but, he'd only do so after he'd met with luke at least once. he wasn't exactly sure of the whole ordeal. he didn't know if luke would get him in huge trouble. 

harry_styles: hi, i'd love to meet up! um, how about the starbucks downtown around 5pm? i have no plans all weekend, so any time you wanna meet is fine, just let me know.

lukeee__: is 5:30 good for you?

harry_styles: that's fine! i'll probably sit in the back so we can talk more privately if that's cool.

lukeee__: sounds good, man. see ya!

harry lets out a tiny sigh, checking his watch. it's 3 right now.. he goes over to louis, who's sitting on his tiny couch, watching tv. 

"hey, little lou. i'm gonna go get a shower, and then i've gotta leave. but i'm gonna cook for you before i go, lemme know what you want when i get back from my shower, okay?"

louis nods, waving at him. "okaaaaay," he says, without looking at him, too focused on the show he's watching.

so, harry goes and showers quickly, gets dressed in something that looks dressy but still casual (he didn't want luke to think he was trying too hard or something, jeez) and then heads to the kitchen.

he pokes his head in the living room to check on louis, seeing that he hasn't moved a bit. "so.. do you decide what you want?"

"hamburger!" louis says, turning and grinning at harry.

harry just smiles back, nodding. "alright, hamburger it is." 

he makes a few patties with the ground beef he has left in his fridge, cooking them on the stove. he only puts one together, however, putting cheese and ketchup on the meat before putting it on bread. he cuts off one corner for louis, knowing he probably wouldn't even eat all that. 

he puts the food on a folded paper towel and leaves it on louis' kitchen counter, bending down to make eye contact with the tiny boy. "hey, listen up, lou," he says, poking his tiny nose.

louis sticks his tongue out, laughing a bit. "what?"

harry hums, patting the top of his head. "i've gotta leave for a bit, i shouldn't be gone longer than an hour, so please stay out of trouble, okay?"

the tiny boy shrugs. " 'kay, harry. hurry?" 

harry gives him a smile, nodding. "i'll be back in no time. be good."

and with that, he shuts lou's house, just in case someone were to break in or something.. he didn't want them seeing him.

he walks downtown to the starbucks, ordering two smoothies before taking a seat in the back of the coffee shop. 

about five minutes later, a tall young man with dark hair and a scruffy beard walks in. harry recognizes him as luke and waves. he immediately rushes to the table where harry is, sitting across from him.

"hello," harry says, wearing a small smile as he pushes the untouched drink towards luke. "dunno if you'll like this, but i bought two drinks. you can have it if you want it," he says, and luke takes the drink immediately, sucking most of it down in one breath.

"sorry," he says, panting. "i lost track of time, and it's a bit of a walk here from my dorm," he explains, and harry shrugs.

"not a problem, mate, i wasn't waiting too long." he says, and luke sighs as he manages to catch his breath.

"so... louis," he says in a quieter voice. "have you heard anything?" 

harry lets out a sigh. "i have. but i wanted to meet up before telling you anything. i'm still a bit unsure if i can trust you, i dunno."

luke pulls out his wallet, fishing out several polaroids. he spreads them across the table, chewing at his lip. "this is our clique, our posse, yknow? me, louis, oli, and bebe. we went to every party, every karaoke night.. we did everything together." he sighs quietly. "you don't understand how hard it is being without him. he's my best friend. i'd do anything to know he's okay."

harry meets luke's eyes. "i know this sounds like a ridiculous request.. but i need you to come home with me. i have something important to show you. rather.. someone."

luke holds back a gasp, but stands when harry does. "i hope to god you're not messing with me."

"swear i'm not. follow me."