seventeen

the five-minute walk back to harry's apartment is tense and quiet. harry knows luke probably feels like he's going to get murdered, but believe me, he's scared too! what if luke thinks he's the one who did this to louis? what if he called the police? he was starting to have second thoughts.. but it was too late for that now.

"we're here," harry mumbles, leading him to the elevator and up to his apartment.

he quickly unlocks the door, clearing his throat. "okay.. i need you to understand .. what you're going to see wasn't my fault, i only reached out to you because i just learned who you were and i'm looking for answers to who did this. i need you to promise me that you won't panic. i know it'll be hard not to, but try," harry says as quickly as he can.

luke nods. "i'll try. anything that gets me closer to louis."

harry opens the door, leading him in. he watches luke look around like he's going to find louis' corpse on the ground or something. he doesn't know how he'll react to this. he hopes he'll be relieved, at least.

"whatever you do, don't scream," harry whispers, leading him to the huge dollhouse. now luke is just confused. harry's panicking.

he knocks twice on the house before opening it, and louis waves from his spot on the couch. "hey, harry!"

"hey, louis. i brought someone here to see you," harry says, and he can practically hear luke stop breathing.

louis runs over, eager to meet whoever it may be. his eyes go as wide as saucers as he sees who it is.

"lukey!" he screams, and luke drops to his knees, tears in his eyes.

"louis.. bro.." he reaches out, and louis runs into his open palm. he brings him closer, to make sure it's really him, and louis reaches up to hug his nose.

"missed luke so much!" louis says brightly, and harry can tell he's overjoyed. he's never seen him so happy.

oh god. what if louis wants to leave with luke? he had every right to do so, it'd make sense and all.. but harry had built his whole schedule around him. he didn't want to give him up.

"h..how did he get like this?"

"i don't know," harry says quietly. "i found him one day, in my backpack. he didn't know anything about how he got this way, he literally just remembered who you were. he still doesnt know where exactly he lives, what happened to get him like this.. but he's trying." he says, biting his lip. "i found him about a month or two ago. i've been taking care of him every since. believe me when i say he was a foot smaller than that."

luke shakes his head, astounded. "poor lou. where'd you get these ears? they look cute on him."

"those are real," harry mumbles, "pet them."

luke laughs a bit, brushing a finger over his tiny ears, jumping when they wiggled and louis started purring. "jesus!"

"i told you," harry shrugged. "anyways.. the.. the reason i brought you here is because i need to know what happened the last night you spent with louis. he said he was with you? and the rest of the group.. and someone else. but he can't remember who."

luke wrinkles his nose in thought. "god.. let's see. we were at a little party at his place.. we were all plastered. i can barely remember. it was storming, i know that. and someone showed up, randomly. some guy." he shakes his head. "i don't know. youd have to ask bebe, she drank way less than me and oli."

harry sighed. "i tried. it'd be nice if you could talk to her for me. she found me creepy.. which makes sense. i never was good at first impressions."

luke shrugs. "eventually.. we can both talk to her. but for now.. i smell food. got anything to eat?"