The Lady: Part. 35

My hand finds the gun strapped to my side; and in its cold steeliness I can feel the death of the children in front of me.

"No, we can't kill these children, we save them, because that's the kind of people we are," I say.

Kade nods in agreement, "I'm with you Tan."

Drew is tense and he reacts with alarm at our passivity, "These aren't regular children." He engages his automatic rifle, "These are vicious little warriors, programmed to inflict damage and death," he says, aiming his rifle at the approaching formation of flying children.

The children approach us at a slow pace and apart from the imps on their fronts they appear un-armed. "The solution's simple, we sedate them with our disabling devices," suggests Troy.

Drew keeps aim as the children stop and hover at the sight of his intention, "Useless; The Surgeon's people have developed an antidote to all levels of pharmaceutical sedation, these kids, in their current controlled condition are un-put-downable. Their annihilation is the only way to get past them," he says.

Kelly hovers with an unsure demeanor, "No good can come from killing children," she whispers.

Drew hovers forward slightly, "I disagree, sometimes short term losses are good for long-term gain."

Kade hovers to his his side, "Drew, remember there are mothers and fathers back in London wondering what has happened to their children; they will be hoping that their prayers are answered and their kids are returned to them. Let's try and realize their hope and get them home, where they belong," he says, putting his hand on the outstretched barrel of Drew's rifle, and gently lowering it.

Drew concedes and dis-engages the rifle, putting it back in the holster by his side.

Observing our situation, the children once again begin to move forward with a slow and considered pace.

"So what do you guys suggest? I'm not gonna just hover around here to be clawed and shredded by a bunch of pimped up kids," says Drew, making no attempt to hide his frustration.

Kelly suggests, "Are we sure these kids are dangerous, they look pretty harmless to me."

Kade puffs loudly and nods his head, "No sis, they're lethal, I've seen what they can do, these kids are effective weapons all by themselves," he says, wincing.

She fires back, "Then I'm with Drew, lets shoot them in the legs to disable them physically, then nurse them back to health whilst in our captivity," she suggests. Troy nods in agreement, "I second that, seems like our only credible strategy, given the circumstances,' he says.

Kade hovers ever so slightly forward, "No. I don't think they're out here to prevent us getting past them and underground; they aren't here to be a barrier." He edges further forward, and I join him, worried he's about to become reckless Kade.