Prologue

I am not a man. I am not human but that does not mean I know what I am. I was born with extraordinary abilities and a ring which gives me protection. I need to run from them, the foundation. My side aches, blood running down my body. I need to hide a house yes must hide there. The window is open and I climb in and close the window. I hide for what felt like hours finally the foundation leaves. I breath a sigh of relief and then brightness stings my eyes. I look up to see a young woman in her early 20s. She has short brown hair, blue eyes, a round face, pale skin, an hourglass figure and she is wearing a nightgown. She looks at my neon pink eyes in horror. I open my mouth to explain but then she speaks "your side." My eyes go to my side my hand still clutching it trying to stop the bleeding. I turn back to her to see she has gotten closer. Her beautiful face inches from mine. I feel my heart pounding in my ears. "Do you want me to help you? I know how to treat a wound." She ask. I don't say anything but nod my head. She gives me a small smile and gets up. "Good but you'll have to take the cloak off so I can get a better look at the wound." She disappears into the next room and I hesitantly take off my cloak leaving my pants on. She comes back in with a first aid box and I blush suddenly feeling self conscious of my shirtlessness but she goes to work cleaning and sewing up my wound. "So how did you get this and what are you doing in my house?" I look at her in shock but her soft blue eyes look up at me in wonder and I felt tears stinging my eyes. "Oh! I didn't mean to upset you!" She says defensively. "No it's fine. I just- I've never had anyone feel genuine concern for my wellbeing." I then began to explain to everything. After the explanation I look at her waiting in agony for a response. Then I feel a soft hand on my face and cold plumb lips on mine. My eyes widen in shock but then I melt into the kiss. After a long minute she pulls away. "You can stay with me Magnus." Her sweet voice say. I felt the tears coming again but before they could fall she pulls me into a hug and stokes my peachy brown-orange hair. "I'll protect you. I promise you'll never go back to the foundation again." I smile and wrap my arms around the woman "Thank you."