Chapter 10

Rose stood in Clef's office awaiting his orders. Finally he spoke "I want you to go to SCP-096s cell and try to reason with it. See if you can talk with it." Rose nodded and turned to walk away  "Oh and Rose." Rose stopped. "Stay away from 049. He is a thing not a man. Remember that." Rose growled under her breath and continued walking.

Rose walked into 096s cell and she found it huddled in a corner it's back to her. Rose covered her eyes with her hand so she wouldn't accidentally see its face and steadily walked up to it. When Rose was sure she was behind it she sat down and put her back against its. The creature whimpered a bit but Rose told it everything was fine. They say there in silence. Then Rose said. "You must get lonely here huh?" The beast whimpered in response. "Are you scared of the foundation?" She asked it. Rose could feel it shake it's head. Rose grumbled. 'What am I not doing right?' She asked herself. She closed her eyes and thought. Suddenly she could feel it. The agonizing self loathing and insecurity radiating from it. She opened her eyes and then she knew what to do. "I know. You feel like everyone will be afraid and no one will accept you." 096 stopped whimpering. "Well I think you're beautiful just the way you are." Suddenly Rose felt a pair of cold arms around her and she heard weeping in her ear. She looked to see 096 crying and hugging her. Rose put her arms around his and said "it's ok. Let it all out." 'Who hurt this poor creature?' Rose thought to herself.