Two Bellies(53)

Max

"Scallops on!!" I slide the hot plate onto the window

"Scallops on!!" I slide the hot plate onto the window. "I need a chicken rice up here! Where's that shrimp crumble!?"

Throwing my towel over my shoulder I walk around the kitchen checking on dishes. I'm at work as you can tell. I'm the head chef at a real high class restaurant. Even though I'm pretty young I have the skills and experience to work in a place like this where normally a nigga probably three times my age would have this position.

Going back to my station I pick up a slip that had another food order on it. Getting to work I went into my zone. Cooking has always been a let out for me. Creation at its finest. Edible art as my boss says. I've been doing this for years and can truly say I see myself doing this years more to come. It's something I love to do my biggest dream is to open my own place. It wouldn't be like these restaurants. It'd be part five star restaurant and part night club. I've had this vision for a while and can't wait until I make it come true.

"Max phone call!" One of the waitress called into the kitchen.

"Uh oh it's probably wifey...what you do?" One of the other chefs chuckled.

"She probably just missing daddy that's all." I smirk putting my towel down walking out to the phone in the back room. "Hello?"

"Babyyyyyyyyyy." Isabel whined on the other end making me chuckle.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm out of peanut butter. I went to the kitchen to make myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a pickle but I don't have the peanut butter only the honey and pickle so I tried them together and it was great but....I really want some peanut butter."

These pregnancy hormones and craving ain't no joke. "I'm at work baby I can't really help you right now."

"But I miss you when do you get off?"

"In about three more hours babe. I'll pick you up some peanut butter on the way. Anything else you gonna want?"

"Uh yeah pancakes...IHOP pancakes."

"Ok momma I'll get both for you. Anything else I gotta get back to work." I look back at one of the chefs tapping his watch at me.

"Yeah well we can talk about it when you get home."

"Ok baby I love you."

"I love you to."

I hung up with a sigh heading back to the kitchen. On some super girly shit...I miss my baby. It's like ever since she told me about our baby I've been feeling a much stronger need to be around her at all times. You thought I never went home before? Literally all I do is get more clothes and pay the bills at my place. I was thinking about bringing up is living together so I could sell my place and we'll have some money to set aside for jr.

"So which one of your hoes was that?"

"I don't have any hoes first of all. That was my girlfriend." I clench my jaw going back to my station after checking on a few people.