Chapter 9- Hush and Listen

Chapter 9

"It all began in junior high..." I repeated, trailing off. Her green eyes focused afar, recalling whatever memory she was about to tell.

She half smiled. "I gained weight."

"You gained weight?" I said slowly, that was her big issue?

"Yes." She affirmed. "I was a stick until I hit Junior high and became very, and I mean very obese. Not fat, but obese."

I shook my head in disbelief, she had to be joking. The Ailia that stood before me was perfect. She had a flat stomach, and curves that made you want to trace them with your finger.

She ignored me, continuing. "People began to make fun of me, it was only natural." A shudder passed through her. "Then I became obsessed, with my weight that is."

She tilted her head to the side. "But the summer before High School I became..." she frowned. "Anorexic."

I wanted to comfort her, but I had no clue what to do. Did I get up and pat her back? Or was a hug appropriate?

"And well, that's my story. I'm anorexic."

"Um, ever thought of getting help?"

She looked at me intensely. "Only you can help yourself Judas, no one else."

I took her words in, knowing that what she was saying was true. What was the point of getting help if you didn't want it?

"And that's my story." She said dryly, twisting her fingers into her hair.

"What about Josh?" I asked. She looked at me confused, then narrowed her eyes.

"Josh is an asshole, the end." Her voice came out bitter, annoyed.

"Do you still love him?" I pressed, my heart beating inside my chest. It was stupid, stupid, stupid, a guy like me had no chance with Aila.

She gave me a curious look before answering slowly. "Yes."

I felt my heart drop.

"But-" She added.

I swelled up in hope, there was a but.

"I'm planning on changing that."

"How?" I blurted dumbly, she traced her lips as if thinking her answer through.

"Dating somebody else." She rolled her eyes, before giving me a friendly smile.

"And you really think that'll help?" I shook my head, she was planning on using somebody to forget Josh, he couldn't have been THAT horrible.

"Yes," she drew her words slowly. "I think it will."

"Well good luck."

"What about you? Don't you have a girlfriend or is Dimitri your boyfriend?" She said teasingly, poking my arm.

"I practically swoon everytime I see him." I smiled widely, her green eyes lit up with laughter, and her voice was the most amazing sound I had ever heard.

"I better get going." She sighed, getting onto her feet.

I didn't want her to leave, for some odd reason he really enjoyed her company. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sure, tomorrow."

"Bye." I said sadly, she smiled before waving goodbye. I picked up my phone, noticing I had ten missed calls from Dimitri. Great, I rolled my eyes.

The phone began to vibrate again, "Hello?" I answered.

"About time you answer." Dimitri's voice sounded irritated.