Hush and Listen (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13

Judas POV

I pulled back, at complete loss of what to do. “What are you doing?”

Her lips tugged up in a hint of a smile, “Kissing you doofus.”

I blinked rapidly, well aware that the band was here, I couldn’t believe it. Was Aila asking me out?

“But why?” I asked breathless, her arms around me were making it extremely hard to concentrate. Her beautiful golden brown hair fell into waves, framing her beautiful pale face.

“Do-do you maybe want to go o-out?” She asked nervously detangling herself from me.

My jaw dropped, I heard a chuckled behind me. “Well don’t stare like an idiot Jude,” Becka said laughing. “The lady asked you a question.”

I watched Aila shift nervously, she looked about ready to run and I didn’t doubt she was fast.

“Yes,” I answered, smiling. The sound of shattering glass made all of us turn towards the exit, standing there looking like a defeated man was Dimitri. His hair was dyed a deep shade of purple, probably for the concert and his shirt said “I’m friends with the pale dude.”

“Dimitri,” I moved nervously towards him. He shook his head, turning it down before he slipped out the door.

“I’ll be right back,” I mumbled running out the door after him. The air outside the alley was cold so much different than the warmth from the concert. Dimitri was casually leaning against the garbage can, facing one of the fenced up warehouses.

“Yo Dim what’s wrong?”

He turned, shooting me a glare.

I did a double take. “Did I do something?”

His gaze lingered on me before he broke out laughing. “I’m just an idiot.”

I let out a gust of air, “No you aren’t.”

“I am, I have been all these years. I always thought we were friends.”

“We are,” I lied, trying to comfort him.

“That’s bullshit and you know it. I’ve known you for what, 11 years? And I bet you my next paycheck that Aila knows more about you than I do.”

“Sometimes,” I began biting the inside of my cheek. His gaze swiftly became calculating, almost challenging me to say what I needed to say. “It doesn’t matter who you have known the longest but who you feel comfortable with.”

Hurt flashed across his face, I opened my mouth to say something but he shook his head. “You stile her man,” he motioned at the door stiffly. “I had a plan you know.”

“I know,” I sighed. “But-“

“Were not friends so it doesn’t count as stealing her right?” he said bitterly. “And even if we were you would’ve still done it,” he added as an afterthought.

“I-“

“Nothing Judas, I just have one last tip for you, since I actually care man.”

I gulped, nodding. “What is it?”

“Be careful with her,” He held my gaze, “She isn’t who you think she is.”

*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aila’s POV

I stared nervously at the door, they had been gone for a while. Maybe they had gotten into a fight I thought panicking. Dimitri wouldn’t hurt Judas on purpose he loved him too much like a brother. I would’ve asked Dimitri out but he wasn't perfect for what I needed him for.

I needed to get Josh back, and Judas, being naïve, was the perfect key. I turned and saw Becka glaring at me. I raised my eyebrows, “Can I help you?” She shook her head, turning to whisper to the guys. I shrugged, she was just jealous she couldn’t have him.

The door swung open, and Judas walked in looking a little slump. His eyes were tinged red, and his face crumpled. They had argued.

He snapped his eyes up to me, before giving me a small smile. I returned it nervously, feeling my heart beat a little faster.

I couldn’t let myself fall for him, I had to be heartless, because only bitches won in the game I was playing. The weak, sympathetic always lost and if Josh was going to be mine I’d have to break a couple of hearts, even if it meant Jude’s heart. I plastered my fake smile, taking his hand lightly in mine.

“Hey there,” I purred. It sounded sick even to my ears. He blushed, wrapping an arm around me and bringing me closer.

“I’ll risk anything for you,” he whispered looking into my eyes. His dark smoldering gaze tied a knot in my throat.

Run, Jude. Run.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Aila's a um beetch ;D

I updated. Yipee!

I wont be uploading until I get at least ten votes and two comments? Or wait a couple more weeks if you dont want to vote ;D

Cheers xo