Chapter 11- Hush and Listen

"Why the sad expression Jude?" Dimitri smiled wickedly, throwing his arm around Aila. Aila shuffled uncomfortably, but made no move to move Dimitri's hand.

I quickly composed my expression, settling on a smirk. "I just think it's sad you can only afford dates where the tickets are free."

Dimitri's mouth closed with an audible snap. His eyes narrowed, if he wanted to play the game then he'd have to keep up. If he thought I was going to give up, he had another thing coming.

I met his glare, with my own cold expression. His expression was shocked and amused, it was clear he wasn't used to a confident me. But then again I had never met a girl I had ever wanted to actually be around until Aila.

Aila's eyes remained fixed on me, her eyes looked amazing in the light, her perfect long thick eyelashes cast shadows across her cheekbones. I am such a perv for her eyes, but I couldnt help myself, they were just so beautiful. If I had a dollar for everytime I got lost in her eyes I would be a billionaire. Cheesy? Yes.

"Jude." I loved the sound of my name on her lips. Her voice was soft, and not too high pitched.

"Yes," I replied hesitantly, her eyebrows knit together, and she began biting on her lower lip. Was she nervous?

"Can we talk?" She shuffled away from Dimitri.

"Sure."

Overhead, the bell rang for lunch, a small smile played on her lips.

"Guess we can go off campus now, huh?" she cocked an eyebrow sexily, and all I could do to not stare like an idiot was nod. She was starting to drive me crazy, every glance from her had my bones churning. She walked in front of me, and I tried to not stare at her body too much. The problem was I was to aware of her.

"You want to here a joke?" She smiled, opening the gate to go out to the parking lot. We nodded at the school security guard, they sucked at their job. The security never really did anything, but stand around looking intimidating.

"Alright," I squinted through the sunlight, I had to quit responding blantly.

"What do you call a math tree?"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"A geomeTREE." Aila began to laugh. When she laughed it was as if her whole face lit up, there was a nice glow to her skin when she laughed.

"No offense," I tried to smile what I thought was a sexy smile. "That was pretty lame."

She pouted, god this girl was killing me! "And I was about to tell you whether you knew what type of bra a math book uses."

I rolled my eyes, laughing. "What type of bra?"

"An algeBRA." She smiled genuinely, brushing past me as she ran to my car.

Her jokes were pretty simple, but maybe that was the type of girl she was, just simple. She looked at me through an expression I didnt recognize, why couldn't they have classes at school like 'Getting a girl interested 101.'

I sat on the hood next to her, following her gaze to the school's track. There were a couple of people lounging around it, eating and hanging out with their iPods.

"Do you know what I love the most about running?" Her eyes saddened before meeting mine.

"I dont know," I shook my head, staring ahead.

"That for those couple of minutes, or seconds running you forget all about your problems. It's as if they never existed, because when you run its only you racing against time, nothing else matters."