Distraught

20th July 2016

Beth's POV:

It was Sunday when we had gone to the beach and all the drama happened, with me, with Sara, Reece and Kayleigh. It was now Wednesday and the awkwardness between the lot of us hadn't gone away. I hadn't so much as looked at Drew, I just couldn't come to face him after what had happened. Sara and Kayleigh were forced to get along for the benefit of the rest of us girls, even if they weren't going to look at each other in a civil way, every time one of them would speak the other would roll their eyes. Sara continued to ignore Nate but continued to have sexual tension with Reece which Kayleigh hated. Charlotte wasn't talking to Brad. However, she was more occupied with her new man, who to be fair was hardly ever around. I guess not everyone was having it bad, Amy and Austin seemed completely happy, they were the cutest. Any horrible thing that they said to each other was sarcasm.

I was sat in the apartment on my own, Amy was out with Kayleigh, giving Sara space to cry in her room about Nate. It was obvious that's what she did because every time she came out her eyes would be red or her makeup was all down her face. There was a knock on the door, "it's open" I called, not being bothered to get off the couch. The door opened and revealed Drew, who stood awkwardly. I rolled my eyes, "it doesn't matter, I'll come back later" he rushed going to leave, "no don't go, I'm going to have to get used to you walking in here I guess. What do you need?" I asked with a sigh as I pulled myself from the couch.

 What do you need?" I asked with a sigh as I pulled myself from the couch

"Oh. Well Austin is looking for Amy" he said reopening the door and walking in, "no surprise there" I said causing him to laugh weakly, "she's out with Kayleigh" I told him, "oh right, ahh. Hey, if you don't mind me asking. What happened with her and Sara?" he asked awkwardly putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans and looking down at the counter, "she almost shagged Reece-" "not even slightly surprised. Go on" he chuckled, "then Sara came to apologize but before she could get a word in she found out Nate and Kayleigh shagged at the ball" Drew stood with his jaw dropped, "that's exactly what we thought" I chuckled, "I have to be honest I thought Kayleigh swung the other way if you get what I mean" he told me causing me to burst out laughing, "you thought she was a lesbian?" I questioned through the laughing, "yeah, I mean when we all first met she didn't come across as flirty like the rest of you" he shrugged with a smile on his face, "you thought I was flirty?" I joked sounding offended, "you all were, well, apart from Kayleigh" he chuckled, I laughed again. Then fell an awkward silence. "So, I best get going, they'll be worrying what's happened to me" he chuckled awkwardly, "yeah" I nodded, "I'll see you round" he said turning his head to me as he reached the door, "see you round" I smiled awkwardly as he walked out. I stood staring at the door for a moment. The door opened again and I half wanted it to be Drew coming back, "Was that Drew I saw leaving?" Sara's voice croaked, her and me where the only ones in. I don't know why she had stayed over there. "Yeah, just stopped in to see where Amy was" I told her, she looked tired and like she'd been crying again. "Oh" she said yawning, "you look rough as fuck" I chuckled weakly, "thanks, I can always rely on your support Beth" she smiled sarcastically, "I didn't get much sleep last night" she added, yawning after she'd spoke. "Is this all about Nate? You said you were just friends anyway. Ever since you found out about what him and Kayleigh did you've been a mess" I told her as she sat on the couch, "I'm fine, just I never expected Kayleigh to stoop so low, she doesn't even find him attractive" she sighed as I took my place beside her on the couch, "What I think is wrong is the fact that although you said you and he were just mates, you actually had feelings for him and now the idea that he slept with someone else is killing you. Being friends with him was just easier to say than having to make a commitment" I shrugged, watching her face slowly change back to what it will have been 20 minutes ago. As the first tear fell I grabbed her and hugged her, she sobbed, knowing I was right. She had pushed those feelings for Nate aside and now he had done that with Kayleigh she was just realizing those feelings. I guess you need to hold onto what you have, because wants it's gone it might never come back, making me think. It might never come back, I need to get it back before someone else does.